HSBC Summons???

Worried

I received a summons on one of my HSBC cc accounts from a attorney's office. I panicked and agreed to pay the amount per month ($91.00) to avoid any further action. We agreed to do the same with my husband's account before he was even summons (but we knew he was going to get summons).

Now with us paying $200.00 per month to this attorney's office, how do I know where the money is going? Should I call them and ask? I did not agree to have anything done to our CR before accepting the payment plan (I did not know about this site when we were being served).

The $200.00 per month is killing us, can I work out another payment plan with them? Or is it to late? Should I DV them?

Thanks for any advise- I am addicted to this site- It has so much helpful info.

Worried

Should I DV them?

Yeah, that dog will hunt.

The $200.00 per month is killing us, can I work out another payment plan with them?

It's possible. There is no legal requirement that they must receive the exact monthly amount they currently obtain from you towards the judgment; it can be re-negotiated.

Call them and explain your situtation. It never hurts to ask.

By accepting the payment agreement you have acceded to their demands.

Game over.

However, you should be able to get some sort of statement from them as to what you actually owe, how much is going to the principal, etc.....

Never admit a debt to a CA, until they have validated it, no matter what alleged "lawyers" may tell you.