Online Account Approval And Then Denial

lazymae

I applied online with Lockheed and have funded my accounts and was told that my account couldn't be fully opened until my signature card is on file. Well I've mailed it but I want to know if anyone has gotten approved then denied an account. Please reply. Thanks!

I applied online with Lockheed and have funded my accounts and was told that my account couldn't be fully opened until my signature card is on file. Well I've mailed it but I want to know if anyone has gotten approved then denied an account. Please reply. Thanks!

First, it is more accurate to say that your account is "pending"; pending the signature card to be delivered. They must have a signature card to compare your signature to when you want to withdraw funds via branch or check.

If your signature card is NOT on file, they cannot help you very well if you were to file a fraud claim. It is also standard bank procedure that every account have a signature card.

Second, it IS possible to have an account denied after it is opened. It happened to me. I opened an account with Union Bank of California for business purposes. Well, I had quite a few chexsystem inquiries (which can be a sign of someone opening too many accounts for the purposes of "check-kiting"). So they declined me and closed the account.

If you have too many chexsystem inquiries (attempts to open banking accounts with multiple institutions), this may be grounds to decline you an account. Most credit union won't, but many commercial banks will - just as it happened to me.

Based on your posts about Lockheed, you tend to "jump to conclusions" too easily (and hide facts from us while trying to get answers).

We (CIC) are NOT "Lockheed Member Services." You should be able to get these same answers (and more specific answers) by talking or emailing directly to them.

Credit unions are very friendly and courteous about questions like this. Being a new member is a great thing. Please don't be afraid to give them the opportunity to put your mind at ease and explain how and why they have certain procedures. They will be happy to explain these things to you so you can know what to expect.

First of all, thanks for the reply DHK but I'm not trying to hide anything from you or any one else for that matter. I was simply asking if my application was approved can they then turn around and deny me an account if it has already been funded. If they were open I would ask them the exact same questions but since I found the info regarding Lockheed on this forum, I thought maybe I could get answers to some of the questions that I have. And how am I umping to conclusions by asking a simple question? From this point on, feel free not to ANSWER posts from me if my questions BOTHER you so. I am very well aware of the fact that you are Not "Lockheed Member Services" and if I choose not to disclose something on this forum, I won't. I'm sure there are alot of members that don't disclose every single detail. It's up to the members to answer if they choose to do so. Trust me, I won't get mad or offended. If they answer, they answer and if they don't, I will not lose sleep or passover.:neutral: Thanks for your reply.

I will no longer contribute to this forum. I won't make this into some kind of "drama queen" episode, so I'll make this brief.

I don't have the tens-of-thousands of posts as others do and I don't take time to always make things "nice" for folks.

What do I do? I solve problems. Perhaps I'm a little too blunt in finding certain online characteristics of other posters. Whatever the case is, I'm finding that my patience with some folks is waning and I'm sure that the good advice given (regardless of the tone the reader reads it with) is falling on deaf ears. (Lazymae seems to live up to her name.)

The FACT is that people (online or in real life) jump to too many conclusions without ascertaining FACTS or the real cause of certain things. This causes ANXIETY and FEARS of someone feeling out of control. With people's financial circumstances (credit, banking, investments, insurance - you name it), it isn't good.

All my posts have been to help the READER and the POSTER determine what they can do and give clarification.

If it is not acceptable, I know when I am not needed or wanted. Sure, I'm responding to one person's posting right now, but there have been other times - and I don't need the stress of trying to please everyone in an online setting where I suppose I'm outgrowing.

BTW, Lazymae, of course Lockheed is closed right now. As a credit union, they aren't open 24 hours a day for member service calls.

Try sending an email.

Then WAIT. They will help you. Keep in mind that they are in California time, not in Alabama time - so they'll always be behind. :p

The questions that bother me the most (personally) are those that ask us to do work for others that they aren't willing to do themselves. This involves the "Search" function to find answers to previously asked posts and reading the stickies that were written when I was moderating this forum.

I am not mad. I'm sure I'm just off my "meds" right now.

If someone wants help, you must do all you can do FIRST, then ask for assistance to understand the "why's" or ask what they're next step should be.

If I ever made a personal attack or insult to anyone, I'm sorry. I'll get over it and keep to my professional activities and no longer waste any more time on this forum.

DHK please don't leave on my account. I find your answers to be very helpful however, people interpret things differently. I'm new at this and from your posts I can tell that you are very knowledgeable in the credit repair area. We are all adults and here for the same reasons. I needed help and had questions so I asked. Didn't mean to offend you or anyone else on this forum. I'm not LAZY, I need help and I have tried to research for answers to my questions before I posted them. Don't imply that I'm lazy because I ask questions. Like I have stated in previous posts, I'm here to try to repair my credit and this process is overwhelming, so I'm seeking help. Whatever one thinks of me, Lazy.....whatever, I need help and ONLY God can JUDGE me.:D I never asked you or anyone else on this forum to research or do any work FOR ME! You say you want to help but you shouldn't be so BLUNT and quick to JUMP to conclusions, and CRITICAL!

Most of us are perfect strangers. I spend alot of time doing research and with 3 kids and a hubby, I couldn't be LAZY if I wanted to. They keep me going.

The questions that bother me the most (personally) are those that ask us to do work for others that they aren't willing to do themselves. This involves the "Search" function to find answers to previously asked posts and reading the stickies that were written when I was moderating this forum.

I'll have to agree with you on that. The delivery of your point is a little rough, though.

In defense of the newer visitors, many of them really don't know what to look for and wouldn't know where to begin a search. They're looking for someone to tell them they're not going to go to jail or lose their home. I'm certain that many of them are professionals in their own right, and we would be just as out of place in their environment as they sometiimes seem to be in this one.

Nascar, this is a good point. I'd like DHK to not leave, but it is hard answering the same sort of questions over and over and it can get exasperating if one's been doing it for a while. I've been to that crispy crunchy point myself.

Sometimes I look at questions like the OP's and I'd ask myself, "How the heck would we know?" (frequently in response to questions like "how long will it take to get my card" "how long does X take to report," etc.)

It's not that these questions aren't important to the poster, it's just that there's no guarantee that someone who would happen to know a relevant answer would happen to be reading the topic.

And then there's the issue of variation. Within a couple of days of each other, me (Northern California) and a friend from Alaska got approved for the BofA 99/500 cards and sent our apps in. It took three weeks for me to get mine. I believe hers took over two months (it took a longass time, that's for sure).

So, just because one of us has an answer, it's not necessarily the right answer for a given poster.

It's not that these questions aren't important to the poster, it's just that there's no guarantee that someone who would happen to know a relevant answer would happen to be reading the topic.

Which is why it's far more beneficial for the poster to do their own search, rather than posting a question without having first checked to see if the topic has been discussed before. When given the choice between searching for discussions and reading a bunch of relevant threads immediately, and blindly posting a question without searching and then waiting, bumping, waiting, bumping... I know what I'd choose!! Gimme that instant gratification any time!!:twisted:

If you have found your way here, you already have all the tools necessary to find the info you're looking for, whether it be on this forum or on Google. You do yourself a disservice by being entirely dependent on your fellow posters. Of course you should ask questions if your search attempts have come up empty or short!!! But starting a new thread to ask "Has anyone ever heard of Juniper?" sort of shows you didn't even try. That frustrates people who have already taken the time to relate their experiences with Juniper in detail for your benefit. And they're most likely not going to answer AGAIN, so you end up losing.:(

I understand DHK's frustration, because I have been at this point and beyond many times recently. I am hoping that instead of leaving, he will just take a few days and get some distance from that frustration. I have taken to doing that now instead of getting into fruitless arguments over it.

But please, everyone... try to understand that it's to your benefit as well when we teach you to fish instead of painstakingly hand-feeding you every last morsel. It's not that we look down on you or don't want to help you. But part of your role in this community is to learn, and pay it forward by helping others learn. Just like we do. :)

End of sermon.8]

• 2 weeks later...
I'll have to agree with you on that. The delivery of your point is a little rough, though.

In defense of the newer visitors, many of them really don't know what to look for and wouldn't know where to begin a search. They're looking for someone to tell them they're not going to go to jail or lose their home. I'm certain that many of them are professionals in their own right, and we would be just as out of place in their environment as they sometiimes seem to be in this one.

Good point, Nascar.

I think all too often, people get to a certain place in life and they assume EVERYONE is there, to. That just isn't the case. We're all different-we all learn at our own pace and not everyone can be their own advocate. They need guidance and support.

Applying one's standards for oneself to others is always unrealistic. We're all different and we ALL came here once upon a time, looking for help. Heck, I still need help but that darn hospital just isn't taking anymore patients! LOL!:urcrazy:

I say, if you're getting frustrated and burnt out on "the same question" being asked, don't answer it. Allow someone else to step in and try. Merry Christmas, everyone. This is a fabulous place and let's keep up the good work.

Elyse

Good point, Nascar.

I think all too often, people get to a certain place in life and they assume EVERYONE is there, to. That just isn't the case. We're all different-we all learn at our own pace and not everyone can be their own advocate. They need guidance and support.

Applying one's standards for oneself to others is always unrealistic. We're all different and we ALL came here once upon a time, looking for help. Heck, I still need help but that darn hospital just isn't taking anymore patients! LOL!:urcrazy:

I say, if you're getting frustrated and burnt out on "the same question" being asked, don't answer it. Allow someone else to step in and try. Merry Christmas, everyone. This is a fabulous place and let's keep up the good work.

Elyse

Again, Elyse, I'd rather help someone learn how to find the info themselves than just not answer them. It may not be the "cut to the chase and give me the answer NOW!" help they expected, but it's better than being ignored. It's always better to at least try to point a lost person in the right direction than just walk past them without stopping, and leave them stranded. I may not have the time to sit there and enter all the possible search terms for them, and cut and paste into the thread all the links to other threads that might contain what they're looking for, but I can certainly tell them how to do that for themselves. That's guidance.

As for "allow[ing] someone else to step in and try," I don't ever recall anyone here "not allowing" someone else to step in and answer a question. If you ever do see that, please let one of us mods know.