DV Letter Sent No Response from CA????

houdini

Hello,

I sent a DV letter to wolpoff and abramson on Oct. 30, I recieved the confirmation reciept with one of thier associates signature verifying that on Nov. 2nd they recieved the letter. Yesterday was Dec. 2nd wich marked the 30 day time period from which they recieved the letter. I have not heard from W&A at all, what do I need to do from here? what is my next plan of defense?

Thank you,

If you sent your DV within the initial 30 day window, the CA can either verify or cease collection on the account. They are under no obligation to reply to your DV within any set time frame.

Now, if your DV was not timely, they are under no obligation to respond to you at all, and can continue with collection activity.

Ok, I responded within the 30days of receiving thier letter. in the letter I sent them in which I used the verbage from the sample DV letter from this site, what is the purpose of this verbage "If your offices fail to respond to this validation request within 30 days from the date of your receipt, all references to this account must be deleted and completely removed from my credit file and a copy of such deletion request shall be sent to me immediately." what I understand in reply is that there is no sense in asking a CA to validate a debt within 30days if in fact they do not have to and can continue with the debt collection process.

Ok, I responded within the 30days of receiving thier letter. in the letter I sent them in which I used the verbage from the sample DV letter from this site, what is the purpose of this verbage "If your offices fail to respond to this validation request within 30 days from the date of your receipt, all references to this account must be deleted and completely removed from my credit file and a copy of such deletion request shall be sent to me immediately." what I understand in reply is that there is no sense in asking a CA to validate a debt within 30days if in fact they do not have to and can continue with the debt collection process.

The sample letter is an example of asking for a mile when you hope to get an inch. If your DV was timely, the CA must cease collection until they validate OR they can just stop collecting and never respond. Realize that to stop collecting also includes removal of the incorrect data from your credit report. What they are NOT supposed to do is ignore your DV and continue to report the account to the CRA.

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated!!!

So considering that I've mailed them the DV letter certified that I got from this site(Sample DV letter) but with the necessary changes pertaining to my case of course. And it's past the 30 days after they have recieved and signed for the letter on Nov 2nd. and to this day I have not heard anything back from them nor have I checked to see if the debt is still on my credit report. What is my next step? and what should be their next step? Do I just sit and wait to see if they ever respond back or can they just proceed with litigation without validating the debt?

Thanks again