Credit Watch Alert - Suit or judgement

machie

I had American Express listed in my chap 13 Bankruptcy. The case was dismissed last month.

Nov 9 I got a collection letter for them from a CA ( United Recovery). I sent them a DVL and got the green card back and signed Nov 25.

Dec 2rd I got alerts from TrueCredit & Experian telling me AmEx reported charge offs.

Dec 3rd I get an alert from Credit Watch(Equifax) saying new alert Public Record 12/02/2006 Suit or Judgment reported by Experian Suit or Judgment information has been added to or changed on your credit file, shows court/case # = AMEX of FORT LAUDERDALE, FL, the amount, amount = (the amount they want), .

I log into both true credit & experian and no alert like that on them, nor did I receive any new alerts from them. My heart was pumping so I check the court records thru the internet and don't see anything like that either, so for right now I think credit watch screwed up.

But just in case ......

Can the OC sue you once you sent a DVL to their CA?

If it is the OC doing the suing, can they since I sent a DVL to the CA before the suit?

Are they in any type of violation if they are trying to sue and or reporting to the CRA?

If I listed a OC on the bankruptcy is it wasted efforts now to be trying to do DV with them? or does them being listed on it provide sufficient proof ?

Thanks in advance

Dismissal of the petition means a person who files for Chapter 13 bankruptcy protection simply wishes to buy some time in order to prevent a foreclosure, or repossession of a vehicle. If the debtor is able to regain firm financial footing before the bankruptcy is resolved, the debtor may opt to petition for discharge of the bankruptcy petition and then to pay off the arrearages in full. In the alternative, a debtor may use the time to sell certain property, such as a house, prior to foreclosure or repossession, as foreclosure sales often do not result in the recovery of full market value. If Chapter 13 was "dismissed" you would have been expected to pay off all of your arrearages.:roll:

Can the OC sue you once you sent a DVL to their CA?

If it is the OC doing the suing, can they since I sent a DVL to the CA before the suit?

Are they in any type of violation if they are trying to sue and or reporting to the CRA?

If I listed a OC on the bankruptcy is it wasted efforts now to be trying to do DV with them? or does them being listed on it provide sufficient proof ?

Thanks in advance

Yes. Yes. No (the FDCPA does not apply to the OC). Probably and probably.

Was there already a suit in progress when you filed BK? If not, the timeline seems really short.

Thanks for your reply

No suits were filed, and none as of yet that I know of, I think Credit Watch was/is on crack.

I think I'm gonna have to get a refund from them... it looks like thier reporting time and info suck, although they do have a nicer screen to display the info. LOL