Unexpected TU Letter: Unable to Locate Credit Report

MOVED TO DV (Sorry)

I have been diligently working the DV/CRA "1-2" punch to remove CA tradelines, and have dropped 76 pieces of CMRRR so far, including 18 first pass "not mine" disputes to TU. On 12/1/06 I received a single envelope from TU containing 8 identical letters which state "Unable to Locate Credit Report - dispute request," and request additional personal information in order to "locate my credit report."

Has anyone seen this one before and what is the best response?

Thanks in advance.

Point of Irony - I subscribe to TC.

Yes, I received that letter also. I was going to send them the information they asked for. I think they ask for additional information because, in this day of identity theft, they want to make sure you are who you say you are. Can anyone else add more to the discussion? I'm a newbie, and although I'm learning fast, I'm still pretty ignorant....:D

I have received one of these letters in the past. I sent them the requested identification information, this being a copy of my driver's license and social security card, sending them certified mail. After receiving the information, I have had no problems disputing and verifying information.:)++

If you have changed addresses, this may be the reason they are asking for the erification information. That was my situation, and I had not reported my change of address to them prior to requesting my dispute. I sent them the information,and received my updated CR and processed my dispute without incident.

Imdagame92

"Leadership is action, not position"