Unable to Reach my OC's

angels3go

Hi I am new to this site. I have two charged off accounts. One is with Sears CitiBank and the other is Household Bank. I have contact phone numbers for each but never am able to reach a person at these companies. I have the full balance ready to pay off each of them. I did send (by certified mail) both a request letter saying if I paid the balance in full on both accounts they would need to make notation on my CR that reflects the account is paid as agreed. I have not heard back from them. Letters were sent 3 weeks ago. I have diligently tired to contact them by phone but wait more than 45 minutes and still reach no one. I am searching for a contact number outside of customer service or the recovery department as I can't reach them by phone. Does anyone have a name and contact letter for Sears (Citibank) and Household Bank. Thanks

I don't have the phone numbers but have you received your "green" receipt card back in the mail? Once they receive the letter, it takes about 30 days for something to appear. Also, if I were you, I would not ask just for a notation, I would request that they be completely removed from your credit report. Don't send any money until you get written confirmation from them or you lose your leverage. I don't know what your letter said so I can't comment on it. Hope this helps!:)++

Hi I am new to this site. I have two charged off accounts. One is with Sears CitiBank and the other is Household Bank. I have contact phone numbers for each but never am able to reach a person at these companies. I have the full balance ready to pay off each of them. I did send (by certified mail) both a request letter saying if I paid the balance in full on both accounts they would need to make notation on my CR that reflects the account is paid as agreed. I have not heard back from them. Letters were sent 3 weeks ago. I have diligently tired to contact them by phone but wait more than 45 minutes and still reach no one. I am searching for a contact number outside of customer service or the recovery department as I can't reach them by phone. Does anyone have a name and contact letter for Sears (Citibank) and Household Bank. Thanks

OC's are slow to answer.

Give them 45 days to answer before you move forward with this. You certainly want something in writing from the OC agreeing to mark the account "paid as agreed".

If you do not receive a reply in 45 days, send another letter, including a copy of your first letter.

Another tactic to try is a binding endorsement agreement. Do a search here for "endorsement agreement" for details.

Some States do not recognize, or have limits on, binding endorsement agreements, so do some checking to make sure they are enforceable in your State before trying to use it.