Question regarding account no longer on CR

sinkhole

I had a past due account on my credit report with Allied Interstate, it's been off for around half a year now. I started getting calls from them again in the past few days, no messages, but I checked the number and it's them. My question is how do I send them a C&D letter if I don't know the account name or the account # they are using. If I just send a letter with my name and address, would that be enough? Hopefully I'm being clear with my question. Basically I'm just wondering how to address the C&D letter even though I don't know which account they're contacting me about, though I do know it's past the SOL and no longer on my credit report.

Thanks!

If they contacted you by phone I think they have a certain amount of time to follow it up with a letter? I may be wrong, you may need to research the FDCPA to find out for sure, but that letter will give you the address to contact them at.

If it's past SOL, I'd just draft a simple letter stating that should they choose to pursue the matter further that I will use the Statute of Limitations as my absolute defense. That doesn't mean they can't continue to collect of course. They can attempt to collect until hell freezes over and Satan does the K-12....(I want my 2.00!!) but in most cases they can only report for 7 yrs, unless it's a judgment or what not. Hope that helped a little.

If it were me, I wouldn't bother answering their calls.

Elyse

Hoot! I've got a collection agency that has been doing the automated "Call us about a very important business matter" for over 6 months now and have never once gotten a letter from them. It's regarding a long dead account and the only reason I know it's a CA is from doing a google search, and I've never bothered to return one of their calls. I figure that when it gets "important" enough they'll either have a living person call me or they'll send me a letter. Either way, the account is SOL and they don't scare me anymore thanks to CIC!