duplicate judgments

smhaines65

i have a valid judgment on my CR from 2003 for $171.00 and was paid off in 2003, on my CR there is a duplicate of this judgment but the balance is $1,171.00 and not paid off, i disputed the duplicate and they returned that the judgment was taken off of my CR, but here is the kicker they took off the wrong one!!

what can i do know because when they sent me notice of the deletion they also said that the wrong one was validated and i know that is not correct?

I had a similar occurrence as well. What I did was get a letter from the original creditor verifying the correct amount with a signature and sent my letter along with the credit bureau inaccurate deletion and sent it back to the credit bureau certified mail. It was corrected! I did call them back before I sent it to them disputing their error as I have found many typographical errors on my credit report which they have since corrected. Hope this helps!xpopcornx