Unsecured loans

After going through some credit rebuilding, I had some very large medical bills that were not covered by my insurance. I have them on a payment plan but because of their size and other factors I have had to put a number of the charges on my credit card (21% interest, ouch) to the tune of about $4500. I am confident I can pay it back, and am making large payments each month, but the finance charges aren't helping.

I am considering applying for a loan to cover the balance, but I'm not sure where to start. Would a local bank or credit union be best, or should I try online?

Personally, I found my credit union works best for me. They seem to have better interest rates. My question is when you made payment arrangements, why were they so high? Couldn't they be arranged so that it wouldn't be such a hardship? Your current card does have a very high interest rate. I don't know if you have a home but if you do, possibly a home equity loan with a lower rate could help you. Also, are these medical bills on your credit report? If you are making payments, do you have an agreement that once they are paid, they can be removed from your report? It would be a shame to do all of this work, paying all this money, and it not work to your advantage. :roll: