Can this be DV'd

Hi all,

Back again!!

My scores were like 750 and then my husband goes and get a $112 medical bill and lets it sit until they put it on my credit report. His report is shot to **** with a hot stew of negatives so we (I) have basically tried to keep things separate so that at least one of us can get some credit in case of an emergency.

Anyhoo--my score has plummeted to 643 and when I pissed a bitch about the collection on my report the stupid husband rushes out and pays the COLLECTION AGENCY thinking he was taking care of it. He even had the nerve to call me at work and say "Don't worry about it anymore. I've taken care of everything."

I immediately disputed the account because I have had some success disputing paid accounts but this one came back verified with TU

My question. Can I DV a paid collection? If so, do they have to prove I have some legal obligation to pay the bill (it wasn't in my name but he is on my insurance). Its a fairly new account (assigned to the CA in Sept. 06), can I still contact the OC?

Thanks,

K

Hey New2this,

I don't have the expertise of the others on this site so I'm hoping some of the pros chime in...

Yesterday I answered a post similar to yours with the suggestion of disputing based on "balance billing" I don't know what state you live in, but in Cali for example, "balance billing" is not allowed. If the $112 was the difference between what the provider was charging and what your insurance co. was willing to pay then it is "balance billing" Again, balance billing may not be allowed in your state.

Or was the $112 your deductible or co-pay? If that's the case then disregard this post.

I was successful in removing a paid collection by contacting the original creditor and asking them to remove it from the credit report. I was very courteous and stated I was in the process of obtaining a mortgage loan and this was impacting it severely. As the account was paid, they did not have a problem sending a letter to the collection agency and the bureaus to remove it. I asked for a copy of a signed letter indicating this for my records and also for my mortage company and they complied. I sent a certified copy of my letter to the credit bureaus as double proof that it was to be removed. Try this and see if it works for you! I found that being very earnest and kind can work wonders!:everybodyclap:

I was successful in removing a paid collection by contacting the original creditor and asking them to remove it from the credit report. I was very courteous and stated I was in the process of obtaining a mortgage loan and this was impacting it severely.

You were successful because Mortgage loans and Auto loans may qualify for the little-known Rapid Rescore technique used by mortgage brokers and car dealerships for years. Where you or your broker may even Fax your evidence supporting your dispute directly to the CRAs.The CRAs MUST act immediately (within hours or a few days) to raise your Credit Score saving you Intere$$t or approving you for the loan. This "new" technique is legal and ethical.

You were successful because Mortgage loans and Auto loans may qualify for the little-known Rapid Rescore technique used by mortgage brokers and car dealerships for years. Where you or your broker may even Fax your evidence supporting your dispute directly to the CRAs.The CRAs MUST act immediately (within hours or a few days) to raise your Credit Score saving you Intere$$t or approving you for the loan. This "new" technique is legal and ethical.

How much do you pay for Rapid Rescoring? I was told it was something like $35 per TL, which sounds like a real bargain if it makes a big difference in your score.