Jump to content

Relief from spouse's tax debt


Recommended Posts

FYI: In case you find yourself in a situation where your spouse incurred a tax debt due to some omission or fraud unbeknownst to you, there is relief. You can file Form 8857 Request for Innocent Spouse Relief. You can also file Form 8379: Injured Spouse Claim and Allocation. This allows a taxpayer to request relief from a spouse's past due federal debts, including back child support and past due taxes. An injured spouse may request a refund for his/her share of overpayment. Just thought you might want to know since tax season is here again!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.