If CA not licensed in state, force removal TLs?

PolarBearnCO

Pretty much what the title is...

Have 3 four-yr old medical collection TLs with same CA. The WY-based CA is not licensed in CO, as best I can tell with my searches in CO database.

Does this mean I can force them to remove the TLs? Colorado says they have to be licensed in state to conduct any collection activities. Would listing 3 TLs as "collection account" against a Colorado resident be considered collection activity? Also, if I DV them, would their response be considered "activity?"

I wouldn't mind paying them in full, for deletions. This would be easy way to get them to agree to the deletions. I guess this is why I haven't heard from them... no calls, no letters. They must not be licensed in CO.

Many states require that collection agencies be licensed to collect from residents. However, some states limit the types of debt collectors that need to be licensed. Check with your state to see if licensing is required and whether the type of debt being collected is covered.:)++

Many states require that collection agencies be licensed to collect from residents. However, some states limit the types of debt collectors that need to be licensed. Check with your state to see if licensing is required and whether the type of debt being collected is covered.:)++

CO requires them to be licensed. So, the question remains... is listing a negative on a CR considered a collection activity?