I was moved to the dark side from all the posts/threads on AmEx. I took the plunge and applied for the Delta Skymiles. BTW, they pulled EXP. Denied.

In the mail yesterday, I get an offer to apply for AmEx One.

Are they just messing with my head????

I've read some of direred's posts in regards to their preapproved offers being more firm than others, but this isn't preapproved just an offer to apply.

I'd previously applied for Amex (Hilton) and been declined, got the Amex One offer, figured I had nothing to lose (since they were pulling TU for One at the time) and applied on the second offer (which wasn't a preapproval btw) -- and was approved.

That was a year ago. Now I have Hilton toooooo.

How long ago was the denial, Newbie?

I'm sure my util will be lower on my actually open cards, but the scores I don't know~~~I've still got 2 Crap CO that are doing just like all Crap Ones (so really messing with my overall utilization since I think they get figured into that equation....on EQ I actually have 3 listed CO an additional AU CO they won't remove :evil: ). I recently had a CA pop up so about to start dealing with that~~probably due to getting the 3 new store cards.

I don't think I really stand a chance. I just got tempted seeing the other threads with posted scores lower than mine, so I took the chance. What gets me about the whole thing, is that sent it me after the denial 2 weeks ago. I had never gotten anything from them before. :cry: