Shocked by Walmart

I have been hesitant to apply for credit but was encourged (or enticed?) by some of the posts. I gave in and to my surprise got..

Target Visa -$1200 :shock: (ran EX fico 596) (still listing 7 yr old CH13)

HSBC MC-$1200 xbugeyesx (ran TU fico 644)

Walmart - $4000! (ran EQ fico 630)

xjawdropx

I was expecting at most $200-$300 limits. HSBC and Target were instant online approvals. Walmart called on my home pone about 2 hrs. later to ask some additional questions to verify I had applied, and then almost knocked me over with the limit.

I quess I won't be so worried about Christmas now. :D

HSBC MC-$1200 xbugeyesx (ran TU fico 644)

Wow... my TU FICO is 673, but when I did a preapproval soft pull, they suggested I get a secured card!

This really is the season when lenders give huge CLs!

My BoA had a $1,500 limit which I got increased to $5,500 and again to $7,500.

My other CC (serviced by BoA/FIA Card Services) went from $2,500 to $5,000!

I have been hesitant to apply for credit but was encourged (or enticed?) by some of the posts. I gave in and to my surprise got..

Target Visa -$1200 :shock: (ran EX fico 596) (still listing 7 yr old CH13)

Your score by the FICO scorecard they use must be at least 660 because they don't give Visa cards to people with scores lower than that.

Your score by the FICO scorecard they use must be at least 660 because they don't give Visa cards to people with scores lower than that.

Sorry I had them switched Target ran the EQ which was 630 fico as of 11/27

(TC fako 660 as of 12/06)

Wallyworld ran the EX and it is 596 fico as of 11/27 TC fako 561

As for HSBC I already have a VISA with them that I have had for 3 years never late on payments it started at $350 and I have never carried a balance over $150 on it. They have increased my credit line up to $1000 over the last three years up about every 6 months

Also My ficos could be higher now because my last last mtg payment is 2 yrs. old as of 11/30/06 and I paid down my Cap1 Visa (limit $2500) to 50% on 12/02 it had been up to $2400 since July when I had my baby.

I guess I should have added that before. I should have put my new ficos but I am sure they have changed now due to the new inq. and TLs.

To be honest, I have only shopped at Target one time two years ago.

It is to far away for me (35mi), and it sucked because I had to take something back and they wanted to charge me the difference because when I bought it it was on sale (day after T-day) and when I took it back it wasn't on sale so they tried to charge me the difference just to exchange it!

I had to go through every manager there and eventually just took my money back.

I told them they should give me the not on sale price as my refund since that was how they did business.

I did use the cc online to activate it, once it is PIF I more than likely won't use it again.

To be honest, I have only shopped at Target one time two years ago.

It is to far away for me (35mi), and it sucked because I had to take something back and they wanted to charge me the difference because when I bought it it was on sale (day after T-day) and when I took it back it wasn't on sale so they tried to charge me the difference just to exchange it!

I had to go through every manager there and eventually just took my money back.

I told them they should give me the not on sale price as my refund since that was how they did business.

I did use the cc online to activate it, once it is PIF I more than likely won't use it again.

I love Target, but it is definitely a PIF card at over 19%. I will use it only for the donations they make to my niece's school. The rewards program is worthless, to spend $1000 to get 10% off. :roll:

I have twelve mostly Nubians no hernias but they make lots of milk for yummy goatcheese!!

I went ahead and tried the TSC I haven't seen the pull yet but I got the 5-7 day wait for reply. I guess my luck ran out on the instant online approvals. My TU fico was 644 on 11/27.

I have twelve mostly Nubians no hernias but they make lots of milk for yummy goatcheese!!

I went ahead and tried the TSC I haven't seen the pull yet but I got the 5-7 day wait for reply. I guess my luck ran out on the instant online approvals. My TU fico was 644 on 11/27.

Mmm... goat cheese...::tina::

I haven't even got the Walmart card yet and my FICO went up 12 points because they already reported it with the limit and a zero balance. :)

I got the HSBC MC on Monday and I was wrong about the limit.

It is actually $2500.:shock: They are not reporting yet though.

I tried TSC they pulled my EQ. I haven't heard anything yet.

I am definately DONE with the new CCs.

I have went from $3650 in credit LIMITS to $11,350.:D

That's REALLY scary and ten years ago it would have tempted me. :tempted:

After all I have been through and everything I have learned here I know how to handle it all. I just need the extra pos. TLs to help boost my credit score in 6 months when we refinance our farm.

I am sure it will help when I go to buy my new tractor.

::tina::xsheepxxbunnyx

• 2 months later...

I got bad, scary, ugly, fusterating news from 'ol wally world. I applied 8 days ago, heard nothing, called today, and the lady said she couldn't tell me if I was accepted or declined, but I will have the results in 60-90 days. 60-90 days!!! WTH? Well, obvously i've been declined, but I have never heard of 60-90 days for the 'take a hike' letter.