Colection Account with New CA

lyle7289

I had success removing an account with a CA . I disputed and the account was removed from my CR. Now, the account has re-appeared on my CR under a new CA several month later.

Is this common? Do I dispute the new CA as well? What do I do?

Sorry for the spelling error....lol

Regards,

Lyle

Common? Absolutely. If the OC stills owns it, if CA 1 can't collect, they'll send it back to OC who might then contract with CA 2. If its now with a JDB, then if JDB 1 can't collect (or doesn't collect it all), they might sell it to JDB 2...

...and so on...

And, yep, DV each new one the appears. Each time they pass it around, the less chance they'll be able to provide the proper documentation. Doesn't mean you be able to walk away from it...just that you might have better luck fighting off the collectors.

I agree with Willingtocope. My success has been primarily working with the original creditor to have them removed. I also ask the original creditor to give me documentation from their collection agency that they have purged it from their records. With both documents, I send them certified to the credit bureaus. I usually dispute the accounts shortly after getting the documents. This method works for me and I have never seen any of them return on my credit report.:)%