NCO Monitoring the Board

pandmel

NCO is monitoring the board here and I have their IP address if admin is interested in blocking them I can walk you through how to do it. However, some may not care but you can ban their IP address from accessing the board with out having to use another means.

But the trolls are watching ....

Pandmel

Hey I have no problem with NCO , in fact I like them for removing their entry when I sent a DV a few months ago. No fighting just rolled over. Too bad Hannah and Associated didnt follow their gracious example. The 2K I recieved for the trying to sue outside of SOL is still sitting in the bank xdancex

It's a public board, not much you can do.

Yes there is a bunch you can do you can block their IP addresses from their corporate facilities then they atleast cannot view it from there. You can also block proxy traffic which means they have to give up an IP address to view the board. It may be public but the TOS are set by the owner of the board.

I have logged the IP addresses of just not NCO but several other CA's and Collection Attorneys and the source of the traffic came from here.

It was more of a precautionary statement than one to give rise to discourse, but there are definitely things that can be done about it.

Pandmel

I'm sure this is totally a non-computer geek question, but how can a user of this board see the IP addresses of the other users of this board? Freaks me out a little bit :shock:

I cannot see the IP addresses of the user of the board, but I can see the IP address of anybody that clicks on one of my links and it will show that the hit to my site was referred from this site and the IP date and time. Your IP address is not personally identifiable information however it does identify your ISP and location. Big companies that have huge computer systems usually are their own ISP via a T-3 type connection so it is easy to track down.

You can also block proxy traffic which means they have to give up an IP address to view the board.

If this were really the case, companies (and governments) would not have paid my prior firm thousands of dollars a week (each firm) for up-to-date "best-known" proxy and anonymizer lists.

It's an immensely complex problem in a constantly mutable landscape.