Presidio/CM: What can I do?

bermaster

I have been battling Presidio/CM (Card Service Center) for some time now. I recently got all my documentation together and sent it off to Experian (the only CB still showing this account). This account has been paid in full but it keeps coming back as verified. This is how the entry currently looks on my experian report:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

PRESIDIO/CM

Address:

101 CROSSWAY PARK WEST

WOODBERRY, NY 11797

No phone number available Account Number:

Account charged off/Past due 180 days. $587 written off. $293 past due as of Feb 2006.

Status Details:

This account is scheduled to continue on record until Aug 2008.

This item was verified on Jun 2006 and remained unchanged.

Date Opened: 08/2001

Type: Revolving

Credit Limit: NA

Date of Status: 06/2002

Terms: NA

High Balance: $587

Reported Since: 12/2001

Monthly Payment: $0

Recent Balance: $293

Last Reported Date: 02/2006

Responsibility: Individual

Recent Payment: $293

Account History:

Charge Off as of Jun 2002 to Feb 2006

180 days as of May 2002

150 days as of Apr 2002

120 days as of Mar 2002

90 days as of Dec 2001 to Feb 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the letter and proof of my claim that I sent to Experian and got denied...

Dear Experian,

This letter is a formal complaint that you are reporting inaccurate credit information.

I am very distressed that you have included the below information in my credit profile due to its damaging effects on my good credit standing. As you are no doubt aware, credit reporting laws ensure that bureaus report only accurate credit information. No doubt the inclusion of this inaccurate information is a mistake on either your or the reporting creditor's part. Because of the mistakes on my credit report, I have been wrongfully denied credit recently for a car loan, which was highly embarrassing and has negatively impacted my lifestyle.

With the proof I'm attaching to this letter, I'm sure you'll agree it needs to be removed ASAP. You will see a balance of $587 which was paid in January of 2004 ($293) and February 2006 ($293). The second letter also shows that the account was “settled in full”. This account was immediately removed from Equifax and TransUnion, but still remains inaccurately unchanged on yours. I have spoken with FBCS (collection agency) and Card Service Center (original creditor; formally Presidio/CM) and both have directed me to contact you since they have provided all necessary documentation to have this account removed (attached).

The following information therefore needs to be verified and deleted from the report as soon as possible:

PRESIDIO/CM, acct. 6089

Please delete the above information as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

Brian Berman

credit1.jpg

credit2.jpg

------

What else can I do? What's my next step?

Thanks,

Brian

Your letter asks Experian to delete the TL, yet you are providing documentation that the account is a "settled" PIF charge off. In short, even if Experian would accept your docs (they won't), they would have to change the TL to reflect that derogatory status, not delete it.

Just a tip... If your goal is to have the TL removed, then focus on what is inaccurate without providing Exp more data.

Presidio/CM

Cardholder Management Services L. P.

Berkeley Federal

C.M.S.

Card Service Center-CMS

Cardholder

CMS Cardholder Management Services

Creations Unlimited

Credit Card Services

Credit Card Services-CMS

Fantasy Personals

GE Classic Credit Card Co.

New Millenium Bank

Phase One Master Card

Sterling Bank and Trust

United National Bank

Unity

Western Union Financial Srvs

Address for all of the above:

101 Crossways Park West

Woodbury, NY 11797

Phone numbers:

800-727-3348

866-889-9179

800-223-2161

516-576-0404

Fax number:

1-412-434-7349

Upper Management person to talk with:

Mike Camdar

Current Complaints filed within the past 12 months: 556

Current complaints settled: 2

Lawsuits pending: 256

Total number of illegal listings with the 3 credit bureaus: 497

Most of the accounts listed with the credit bureaus have either been paid in full and never removed or the individual was issued a 1099-C by the original Creditor and by accident (their explanation) was never removed.

For those of you who use to have a Providian Account. Washington Mutual purchased Providian and may have issued you a 1099-C. If they have as they did me then you can get them to remove the listing from your credit file.

Washington Mutual Crad Services

201 Mission Street 28th Floor

San Francisco, Ca 94105

New Information:

Nova Financial Systems, Inc

Key Financial Systems

Merrick Bank Corporation

Address for the 3 above:

10705 S. Jordan Gtwy #200

South Jordon, UT 84095

Phone: 800-260-6625

Fax: 801-545-9952

Additional Addresses:

P.O.Box 17327

Clearwater, Florida 33760

or

5770 Roosevelt Blvd

Suite 410

Clearwater, Florida 33760

Additional Fax Numbers: 801-685-8800

• 3 months later...

Any luck with presidio; i don't know what to do. i have spoken to their security department and they refused to send me anything. i am now sending them a registered mail. just wondering if you got anywhere with them; please reply. :confused:

• 1 year later...

Does any one have any information that may assist me in having these ppl removed. It is a very old account and they verify with the CRA's but when I send them a 623 letter they say they have no information on this account... Are they an OC or a CA?

Ok so they are listed as and verified with EX and EQ (TU removed) two times. They are not listed as a CA on my CR's! It looks like it was charged off it says Type: credit card. and that it is a Collection/Charge off... How should i handle this, If it is a CA and they charged off are they aloud to report? I am very confused.. Please advise

O and sorry for the reserection!

Ok so they are listed as and verified with EX and EQ (TU removed) two times. They are not listed as a CA on my CR's! It looks like it was charged off it says Type: credit card. and that it is a Collection/Charge off... How should i handle this, If it is a CA and they charged off are they aloud to report? I am very confused.. Please advise

O and sorry for the reserection!

Well this is inaccurate reporting. (If they are not listed as a CA on your credit reports.)

I think this is a violation.

I don't think a CA can report a charge off if they are a CA.

Good questions Shadow. I think ware gonna have to wait until some of the well informed CIC members see this and can help.

i hope some one will offer some help! All this time I thought they were an OC i thought I never had an account with them...

If this helps

the TL reads:

EX

Predididio/CM

Date Opened: 08/01

Date of Status: 02/03

Reported Since: 09/01

Last Reported: 04/05

Type: revolving

terms: NA

Monthly Payment: NA

High Balance: $500

recent Balance: $500 as of 04-05

This Item was verified on NOV 07 and remains unchanged

EQ

Items as of date reported 10/07: Balance Amount $500

Amount past due: $500

Date of 1st Delinquency 06/02

Charge Off Amount $500

Current Status- Charge Off; Type of account Revolving; Type of loan- Credit Card

Actual amounts have been changed to protect the innocent :)

How can a COLLECTION acount be "revolving"?

But YES they CAN report, even if they're a CA. Somewhere it should say "collection/charge off", right? I am not convinced they are reporting it as if they charged it off. Get a paper (aka REAL) copy of the affected CRs...don't trust a tri-merge report with this.

How can a COLLECTION acount be "revolving"?

But YES they CAN report, even if they're a CA. Somewhere it should say "collection/charge off", right? I am not convinced they are reporting it as if they charged it off. Get a paper (aka REAL) copy of the affected CRs...don't trust a tri-merge report with this.

The information i supplied below is directly from a "real" report form each of the CRA's.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: Presidio/CM sent DV, and 623 letter. They responded with 3 statements 11/02,12/02, and 01/03. The Statement from 01/03 has the charge off listed. The other 2 only show the over limit, Late, and Finance charges.

Presidio/Cm is part of Cardholder Management Services LLP. Presidio/CM is listed as the OC on my CR's. I am confused if they are a CA who is listing this as a C/O can a CA list a TL as if they are the OC and then Charge it off?

Sorry Guys I did it again...

OK so in reviewing my EQ report I got in the mail yesterday. Presidio/Cm is reporting this as follows:

C/O : Date of C/O not listed

DOFD 06/02

In the account history section is shows 02/02, 08/02, 09/02,10/02, 11/02, 12/02 as all being late 30, 60, 90, 120, 120, respectively. Then it is not reported again till 04/05 then nothing till 06/06, 07/06...Current. Where is the sections in between? Is this normal? For them to not report for years then just start reporting again, or is it just how the report is generated? I am just confused guys. If this is not the OC who was? I never had an account with this company. This is a CA. How can they report that I opened an account with them in 08/01 when I did not! Even if they purchased this debt from the OC they are still a CA and you can not be late with a CA can you, at least not the way they are reporting it, or am I mistaken? There is no OC for this account listed on any of my reports... Please advise thanks

PS. It is also listed as a revolving account, and a credit card