Did I cause my own fraud alert??

rmuse00

Strange thing....I just recently applied for some cards and was approved for 2 more cards but denied for 2. The 2 that I was denied for pulled EQ & TU, so I believe. One of those cards denied me because they could not verify my number as I gave a cell phone number. When i tried ordering fico score from fico I received a message that the information submitted did not match what was in their file?? I did not think to much of this because I know they still have some old addresses of mine listed and an old phone number listed. Now i get a notice in the mail from Experian that they have placed a fraud alert on my behalf. :shock: I did not order a fraud alert!! I have access to Experian report everyday and did not see any strange activity but not TU or EQ. Should I be worried here??? I called and ordered a TU & EQ report from the actual bureaus but I'm just curious. Could I have caused them to place a fraud alert when I was applying for all those cards??? Anyone??

Probably, hon. They couldn't match your cell number to your credit reports and probably got worried. At this time of year, I hear ID theft can be at it's worst. I would just contact each of them and see what can be done. Also, anytime you apply for something you'll want to use your home number because otherwise, they'll put your cell number in their system and you'll get all kinds of stupid calls.

Elyse