I've been wondering how forgiving Citi is to past customers who had a CO, but then later settled the acct.

I've read about the CC after BK, but no one seems to have addressed just a CO. I know they have left us with a positive TL after the settlement, which was at a little over 70%~~~it doesn't even show that it was a CO.

Anybody have any personal experience? Just wondering as it seems they also handle many different types of cards.

Thanks.

I've been wondering how forgiving Citi is to past customers who had a CO, but then later settled the acct.

I've read about the CC after BK, but no one seems to have addressed just a CO. I know they have left us with a positive TL after the settlement, which was at a little over 70%~~~it doesn't even show that it was a CO.

Anybody have any personal experience? Just wondering as it seems they also handle many different types of cards.

Thanks.

If you mean Citibank bankcards as opposed to Citigroup-owned retail cards (two different animals), they're more forgiving to COs than BKs, where they're pretty close to merciless. How long ago was it, and how much?

All I know is that I've applied to Citi Bank about four times in the past two years -- sometimes without realizing they were the bank behind the card. And they hate me. So, I'm not applying to them anymore ever. I've never had a card with them, so I don't know why it's hard for them to show me just a little bit of loving. I've had plenty of charge offs, some small ones were paid. most weren't. I would just try a different bank.

4 yrs ago. It was an Associate Citi. CO'd for 700, paid 500. CL $450.

They might agree to issue a card if you pay off the remaining $200. They might even reopen the old account if you do. But make sure you get it in writing that they won't add any negative info to the TL.

Personally if it were me, I'd leave it alone. If you have a positive TL after a CO, I wouldn't mess with it. I know, I'm a big baby.

They might agree to issue a card if you pay off the remaining $200. They might even reopen the old account if you do. But make sure you get it in writing that they won't add any negative info to the TL.

Personally if it were me, I'd leave it alone. If you have a positive TL after a CO, I wouldn't mess with it. I know, I'm a big baby.

So you think it would be a bad idea for even one of their retail cards?

So you think it would be a bad idea for even one of their retail cards?

The retail cards are way more lenient because they're underwritten by a completely different part of Citi's business than the bankcards. I thought you were talking about a bankcard that was CO'd and you wanted another one.

Which card is it that you're thinking about applying for? Have you searched for that card instead of just Citi?

None in particular. i was just exploring my options as it seems they handle so many different types of cards like Circuit City for example. I don't know if the Associates card would be considered a bank card. But then there is also the Premier Pass, which garnered a lot of info on this board.

I just thought that maybe since they left us with a positive TL, even removed the few lates that were showing, they might be more leniant. We settled nearly immediately, with the first CA that handled the acct, and it was never sold.

i've applied for citi aadvantage and cb/home depot several times in the past 3 or 4 years, with no success. i thought they hated me. then, out of the blue, dw got a home depot card. then, she got pre-approval for an aadvan tage gold.

4500 bucks worth. while we were doing the online app for her, i said why not, and tried once more for mine. you coulda knocked me down with a feather...platinum aadvantage card with 20000 bonus miles and a 7k credit limit.:shock:

and we are both still in the low 600's. she had a co two years ago. go figure.

my advice>? keep trying about every 6 months. keep working on the fico. you'll get there.

i've applied for citi aadvantage and cb/home depot several times in the past 3 or 4 years, with no success. i thought they hated me. then, out of the blue, dw got a home depot card. then, she got pre-approval for an aadvan tage gold.

4500 bucks worth. while we were doing the online app for her, i said why not, and tried once more for mine. you coulda knocked me down with a feather...platinum aadvantage card with 20000 bonus miles and a 7k credit limit.:shock:

and we are both still in the low 600's. she had a co two years ago. go figure.

my advice>? keep trying about every 6 months. keep working on the fico. you'll get there.

Did you ever BK or CO them?

dw had a co with them 5 years ago with her former spouse. when they split, he quit paying any bills. they had one on her for 10k which went to a jdb. we never expected her to get another one.

My bad, you did say she had a CO, I missed it. So she had a CO only 2 years ago and they gave her an Aadvantage card? Was she a responsible party on the CO or an AU? Was the CO on a bankcard (MC/Visa) or retail card?

This is really interesting. The more details, the better... for the benefit of future searches!:D

okay..two co's one paid 2 yrs ago (also one her ex refused to pay)..one from 5 yrs ago went to jdb (@#$%#@$ sherman) and i got that one wiped off after many cmrr letters and finally an its letter. it was the jdb one that was citi. however, the paid co is still showing on her report. both were bank cards.

and i got mine with 5 disputed medical collections still showing.:dunno: i don't understand it, i'm just thankful for a good card.

dw thinks it's because of the xmas season and they are lowering their standards temporarily. i think it's because they are tired of turning me down.:lol:

okay..two co's one paid 2 yrs ago (also one her ex refused to pay)..one from 5 yrs ago went to jdb (@#$%#@$ sherman) and i got that one wiped off after many cmrr letters and finally an its letter. it was the jdb one that was citi. however, the paid co is still showing on her report. both were bank cards.

and i got mine with 5 disputed medical collections still showing.:dunno: i don't understand it, i'm just thankful for a good card.

dw thinks it's because of the xmas season and they are lowering their standards temporarily. i think it's because they are tired of turning me down.:lol:

And that CO was hers, she wasn't an AU? If so, she doesn't know how lucky she is that she slipped through the cracks. A CO is bad enough but such a recent one? BUT it was paid, right?

Congrats to both of you!!! :D