The Office of Thrift Supervision fixed my GE Money Bank problem!!

Been_Ponzied

Maybe this needs to be on a sticky thread somewhere. After fighting GE Money Bank for 2&1/2 years to correct false lates on our files, this place pressured them and GE finally consented to fixing it!!

Here is my prior post:

In attempting to get the Ohio Attorney to correct the false information being stored on my husband and I (false lates by GE MONEY BANK), they forwarded my complaint to the following organization, who promised me by phone that they would "get to the bottom of this." Has anyone ever heard of them or used them? I think they supervise banks, and GE MONEY BANK may be one.

Office of Thrift Supervision

Attn: Consumer Programs

Harborside Financial Center

Plaza 5 Suite 1600

Jersey City, NJ 07311

Maybe this needs to be on a sticky thread somewhere. After fighting GE Money Bank for 2&1/2 years to correct false lates on our files, this place pressured them and GE finally consented to fixing it!!

Here is my prior post:

In attempting to get the Ohio Attorney to correct the false information being stored on my husband and I (false lates by GE MONEY BANK), they forwarded my complaint to the following organization, who promised me by phone that they would "get to the bottom of this." Has anyone ever heard of them or used them? I think they supervise banks, and GE MONEY BANK may be one.

Office of Thrift Supervision

Attn: Consumer Programs

Harborside Financial Center

Plaza 5 Suite 1600

Jersey City, NJ 07311

I remember your Post. I have heard of the Office of Thrift Supervision. They Supervise Savings Associations and Federally Chartered Savings Banks (word "Federal" or initials "F.S.B." appear in Federal Institution's Name). I had never used them. I had attempted to use the Office of the Comptroller of Currency for National Banks, Federal Branches/

Agencies of Foreign Banks (word "National" or initials "N.A." appear in or after bank's name), which btw did absolutely nothing for me!!! That's ok. There is always Plan "B".

Congratulations!

Happy Holidays to you and your family!

June

Thanks, all. GE MONEY BANK (Care Credit) is SO notoriously malicious, that I hope this info on how to fight them will be placed somewhere in a sticky!

Should you make this a Sticky, the Contact information for their Main Headquarters:

OFFICE OF THRIFT SUPERVISION

CONSUMER COMPLAINTS

WASHINGTON, DC 20552-0001

TELEPHONE: 800-842-6929

I believe that the address you provide is a local office for your Area. Perhaps ADMIN may provide information for ALL local offices, if a Sticky is made.

Best Regards,

June

They Supervise Savings Associations AND

Federally Chartered Savings Banks (word "Federal" or initials "F.S.B."

appear in Federal Institution's Name).

I believe the OFFICE OF THRIFT SUPERVISION were of some immediate assistance to you because G E MONEY BANK was jeopardizing your mortgage. Their Office may care less about credit card issues.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

so, just curious...why 2 years since they said they'd fix it and now you're getting back to noticing that the lates are still there...?

Just curious. If they'd say they'd remove them, Id be watching my CRs every day to see when they would, and after a month or two I'd be complaining back to the OTS.

so, just curious...why 2 years since they said they'd fix it and now you're getting back to noticing that the lates are still there...?

Just curious. If they'd say they'd remove them, Id be watching my CRs every day to see when they would, and after a month or two I'd be complaining back to the OTS.

I was going through a traumatic divorce and moving around a whole lot. Just didn't have time to even think about my credit for a long time there.