How Often Do Open Accounts Report

jennk

I have a credit card in good standing with Capital One. They had been reporting monthly to all three CRAs since I opened the account in January of this year. I noticed though that they stopped reporting to TU and EX after September, one month when I actually had high utilization on the card. Since then my balances have been abut $20, and this is reflected on my EQ report. Will they ever report this to the other 2? Can they just let it sit there and keep my score lower forever? Will they do it at least quarterly?

Capital One had a "system upgrade" that caused reporting to stop in September for many people. I didn't see an update from September to November... and then in November they reported October's info. So my reporting is currently 2 months behind for Capital One. I'm waiting to see if they finally get it right this month.

OK, Jenn... my statement closed on the 10th. From September to November, my reports read " Last Reported: 9/06." Then in November they finally updated... for October. So since then, my reports have read " Last Reported: 10/06."

Today they updated... FOR NOVEMBER. Now it reads " Last Reported: 11/06," even though they just updated today, in December.

They're totally screwed up.

Thanks for the info all and thanks for the update LNY. I actually called them and the person I talked to insisted that they last reported in November instead of September as it shows. She told me to contact the CRAs. I didn't bother based on what LNY said, I am sure this is something that Cap One is messing up. I will just have to see if there is any update when my statement ends on the 17th and for what month it shows reported.

I also noticed that they are reporting my credit limit as $0 (even though I have charged up to $400) ... so even my current balance of $28 kills my utilization I guess. :/