Cell Phone Collection / Paid

Over the last few months while pulling my CR's I noticed an account that was listed as a CA/JDB. Contacted the 3 CBs to verify and get the OC name, All 3 responded with a deletion notice.

I recently received a letter from the CA/JDB stating in response to your inquiry we are obtaining the information. It says the OC is a former employer of mine. Next they sent me copies of a cell phone statement showing an employee account. It was mine, however when I quit the amount owed was taken out of my last paycheck. I have not saved stubs as this was 3 years ago. Any takers on how to respond. I called the OC and the only info they have is that they sold the account to the JDB/CA. No payment history or anything.

Amount allegedly owed is over 500.00 and this is within SOL.

How can I prove that the bill was paid out of my last paycheck if the OC has no info of my account?

Thanks,

Your original creditor has to have microfilm of your payments. I just recently helped an elderly man who had to get copies of all his payments from one company for social security. He had worked for this company about 5 years before he had to get this information. They were able to provide him with copies of all his payments received (stubs). He had to pay for the copies but he didn't care. These records still exist, you will just to have "push" to find which accounting department has them. You may have to contact their main office but let them tell you that. Try to get all of your correspondence in writing. :roll:

I tried to contact the OC but they say they no longer have any info, they sold it to the CA/ JDB.. JDB sent me one statment, which I admit is mine but it was paid. JDB says this is the most info they have. Should I just sit on this and hope they dont sue as it has already been deleted from my CR's.

BTW, the note I got when I recd deletion notice from the CB is that "this record is no longer on file"

Thanks for your help!

Just my .02, but have you tried to contact your former employer? Most HR or AP depts will keep all copies of cancelled checks for several years for tax purposes. I know when I worked in HR, we kept copies of all financial records for something like 10 years. They may have to search through storage to get it, but backup drives/disks/whatever should be able to locate the check number making the search easier.

Nevermind, just reread your post and states that the OC is your former employer who states they don't have it. I agree with thomas, the records are there somewhere you just have to find out where....they have to keep them for tax purposes or potential audits etc. Plus if they can't back it up, how can the JDB?

Another thought, ask them about getting a copy of your W2 for that year plus the back-up documentation to support it. Our payroll software always printed out a breakdown of each check written to each employee including all deductions, etc. which we kept along with what was submitted to the IRS.