Violation or no?

G'day Mates...

Here's the scenario....Disputed negative TL's with all the CRA's. Sent Dv leters to all except one....the CA listed and address listed is no longer correct...they have been purchased by another...

So I call EX today and let them know they were violating my rights....In what way he says, I say the CA you have listed is no longer in business so by you reporting the old CA, I am unable (as per my rights) to validate the debt. After some checking he tells me, because of my prior dispute (not mine) and the lack of response from the CA, the TL is scheduled to be deleted when they complete their investigation. I say, that is all well and good, however in the meantime, everyday that stays on my report my rights are being violated. I tell him to manually delete, his response is I can not tell you a specific date it will be deleted.

So question is....I am correct...should I not be provided with accurate contact information to request validation from a creditor? On my timeline or theirs...

The Aussie

Just to tell you from personal experience, if you disputed several items with one letter than they all update on the same date. For example, you dispute CA 1 and CA 2 the CRA knows that CA 1 is a delete but is still waiting for CA 2 to repsond. Once CA 2 responds, or fails to within the 30 days, you'll get your change. That's how it always worked for me. They take all the disputes within one correspondance and bundle them for one response time.

The DF has 30 days to validate.

Just because they're no longer in business doesn't mean that your tradeline won't be verified by a successor. (Many people had this issue with NextBank, for example.)

The new CA actually can't verify...they are in possesion of DV and as the information contained on CR is eroneous in part, would seem highly unlikely. besides the new ca just violated today by sending another dunning letter after receiving DV...I have green card fior first DV

The Aussie