Select Financial DV (Applied Card/Cross Country Bank)

I had a crappy a$$ Cross Country Bank card, got near the limit once and never recovered.....fee....fee...fee...fee....This is the only damn credit card company I've ever seen to come up with some bogus fees to the extent that it actually pushes your account balance over the limit, so that they can charge you MORE fees....I paid on this account, believe me, I've paid on it....gave them like $900 at one time because they were calling me day and night, I had a balance about $490 (500 limit) next thing I know, it's almost $600 and it wasnt even time for a payment....then some how or another it was near $900, I called and paid it off...continued to use it, to build credit, the only card I had at the time.....and they did the samy thing to me...so I let it go and never paid anymore on it.....almost a year later I get a letter today.....

They say I owe $805...(I ACTUALLY owed about $400....go figure....Select Financial sent me a letter, got it today, offering to settle for $563.64 WITHIN 14 DAYS

So, I'm DV'ing these assholes.....anyone have any luck with them?

Sure hate wasting these $4 letters one right after another...with no luck so far....

I am glad that you said something, because I am having the same issues with them (Applied Card Bank). I was constatnly paying and it kept seeming like the more I paid the more I owed. I barely used the card. I would pay and after I paid i would have a bill a week or 2 later for more than what the original balance was. I think I am going to look further into my records with them...Thanks! I am kinda glad that i am not the only one who felt like this

They're slime balls, we had dealings with them to.

In all honesty, we fell behind. But when we tried to call to make the payment they'd requested (via a letter we got) they then said they wanted the balance which was around 900.00 to 1,000 (we owed 700.00 or somewhere in there) anyway, we tried to explain why we had gotten late and could we please just give them this money to bring the acct current, but alas--they would not accept it. The customer care person was going to accept it, but her boss intervened.

The acct ended up charging off and is now in collections for our harrassing enjoyment. We never did pay it and instead sent the money to our creditors who were happy to have it and they restored our accts.

Elyse