Equifax Score, is it a fako?

I ordered my DHubby's score through equifax, only because after many attempts to get it through myfico.com, we're still unable to get the equifax score/report. We can get his TU and Exp, but not equifax. Tired of calling them to no avail.

So, I went to equifax's website and ordered the score watch free trial. Now, weird thing is that it is at 724 which would be great if I thought that' the right number. His TU is 624 and his Exp is 631. I honestly don't believe his EQ can possibly be 724, as he's got plenty of bad stuff on it.

Is it a FAKO? How can I confirm it?

I think you may have a split file. Equifax split my file recently and initially I could not get a fico score, an error came up. Few days later it allowed me to get a fico score but the report only had good stuff and score 755.

The equifax score watch does give a fico score but from what you describe I think you have a split file. Call equifax and they will tell you if the file is split and then get a refund since you may have only gotten part of a report.

let me know what happens. My fico gave me a refund for the incredible score.

I think you may have a split file. Equifax split my file recently and initially I could not get a fico score, an error came up. Few days later it allowed me to get a fico score but the report only had good stuff and score 755.

The equifax score watch does give a fico score but from what you describe I think you have a split file. Call equifax and they will tell you if the file is split and then get a refund since you may have only gotten part of a report.

let me know what happens. My fico gave me a refund for the incredible score.

I had read your post a few days ago and was thinking maybe it's that. Is that a good thing long term wise? I guess I have to do a search (LNY would be so proud of me :mrgreen: )on split files, not sure why they happen.

I had read your post a few days ago and was thinking maybe it's that. Is that a good thing long term wise? I guess I have to do a search (LNY would be so proud of me :mrgreen: )on split files, not sure why they happen.

Yeah, a search might answer your questions...:roll:

:Domina:

XhairX

Yeah, a search might answer your questions...:roll:

:Domina:

XhairX

8-) Actually, I thought long and hard before starting the thread to make sure I didnt get the :Domina:.

The thing is that we don't do any of the things that might cause a split and he really doesn't have that many TL to merit a split file. So I didnt think that would be the cause but I guess everything is possible with Equifax on Crack! :shock: I just keep thinking it has to be something else, but maybe not.

8-) Actually, I thought long and hard before starting the thread to make sure I didnt get the :Domina:.

The thing is that we don't do any of the things that might cause a split and he really doesn't have that many TL to merit a split file. So I didnt think that would be the cause but I guess everything is possible with Equifax on Crack! :shock: I just keep thinking it has to be something else, but maybe not.

You need to forget about ordering scores and look at the report itself.

we contacted myfico via email on their site and they just responded.

The myFICO system has identified a fraud indicator on your credit report and, for security purposes, we will not be able to deliver your credit report and score from that bureau to you. These indicators are intended to point out potential fraud situations, such as, a fraud alert that you may have placed on your file, a SSN that's been used by more than one person, or an address that may have been linked to fraudulent activity at one time. For your protection, myFICO places a restriction on reports having these indicators, and as long as they appear on a file we cannot deliver that bureau's report and score to you via myFICO.

To obtain your report/product, we have two suggestions:

1) Contact the credit bureau to make sure your personal information is correct, such as SSN, addresses, and see if they can tell you what kind of fraud indicator may be appearing on your report. If it is a fraud alert that you placed on your file, you may have the bureau remove this alert, after which you can come back to myFICO and order. If it is different kind of fraud indicator, you will not be able to have it removed and you can expect it to remain on your file as long as your personal information continues to trigger it.

2) If the indicator is not a fraud alert that you placed on the file and there is no inaccurate personal information to correct, go to the bureau's web site to purchase your report and score, as these same restrictions may not prevent your order at the bureau's own site. For example, the bureau sites do not restrict access due to a fraud alert and some of the other alerts affecting your ability to purchase from myFICO

He does have a fraud alert due to 2 different fraudelent cell phone accounts from 3 yrs ago. Should we contact equifax to remove it?