Weird voodoo reporting

justaguy

So I looked at my credit report through Truecredit, and I see the status of an item changed recently. An entry from Charter mortgage that was discharged in my BK in May of 2001 now reports as open and with a 120 day late. This really tanked my score to have such a recent 120, I'm talking like 54 points on one of my fakos. The really bad news is that they put it on both EX and EQ, but not TU for some reason. So my question is this, do you all think they are being malicious? Is there any way this could accidentally change miraculously on its own?

Should I start with a nice phone call to them, or should I just break out the big guns on them and employ the use of one of the various template letters you all have been so nice as to provide? What do you all think?

I have disputed it, and up till recently it was reporting as IIB. Just recently, actually just 4 weeks ago it was that way. Then I got the alert from Truecredit that something changed. I looked and there was a late 120 being reported in may of 2005 that wasn't there before and it is being reported as open. This makes me think that they are intentionally doing this to screw with me, or its something really wierd.

Have you disputed it since the alert? If so send a MOV to the CRA.

Try calling the mortgage company and asking why they are reporting something that was discharged in your BK. Be as nice as possible.

Your BK atty. might call for you.

If your phone call gets you nowhere, then write them and save a copy of the letter send it CMRR. Demand that the neg. remark be removed from your CR

immediately and that they send you a letter stating they had it done.

Goodluck.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a brief update here. I opened a dispute with equifax and Experian, and they both came back verified. They also gave me the info I needed to get in touch with the bank, so I called them and was very polite. the first girl I talked to said if it didn't go into foreclosure that she could have fixed it, but she ended up having to take a message for the person who is in charge of that department. She said I should get a letter within a week. I know I shouldn't hope for them to be real nice, but I have my fingers crossed. I don't want to have to take this to the next level which would be the registered letter.