Want to settle with Cap One Auto Finance

somanymistakes

I have had several CO send me letters about this account but never had the money to pay it. One offer was for %50 of balance. Now I have the money (or at least %50 ) but the last CO sent it to a law firm/collection agency in my state. I have DV'd them because their intial letter stated that this was my only opportunity to pay before I would be sued. Isnt that a violation? Anyway, I would like to know if anyone has had luck in settling with Cap one auto--- and how do I bypass the lawyer? I sure wish I could get that %50 offer again! Thanks

I got the green card back around Dec 5. I have not sent a settlement request to them- guess I was waiting for them to DV- but worry that they may just file a suit. This account is right on the verge--its about 5-51/2 years since last payment. SOL is 6 years. It has never been sold and until recently (3months or so) no collection activity. I think they know the SOL is almost up and will probably sue (especially according to the lawyers love letter!) Thanks for any info about Cap ONe Auto and settling!