Amex

snapydan

Hi

I am new to this forum and have learned alot in the last few days, you do a great job and hope you can help me.

Had an amex card for 10 years that i paid in full monthly, I had $30,000 credit line and used it many times.

i got caught in a $10,000 charge that i couldnt pay

amx sent to collections with United Recovery.

They called every person who i ever gave authorization to use card and told them they were responsible for bill and threatened to sue them, although no one had authorization in the last 3 years.

I agreed to pay $1000 a month, I paid every month for the last 8 months.

Bal is now at $2000 and i realized amx put a charge off on my Credit report.

I called United recovery and asked them to give good will gesture and remove charge off since i didnt take buy out offer of 70% and wanted to pay in full.

They refused and said Amx never does it. Amex wont talk to me because account is in collections with United Recovery.

should i pay bal or hold out for removal of charge off?

does amx remove charge offs?

I now asked them to validate debt, and send written proof of contract with signature.

any suggestions?

Thanks

Dan

Any suggestions

I called United recovery and asked them to give good will gesture and remove charge off since i didnt take buy out offer of 70% and wanted to pay in full. They refused and said Amx never does it. Amex wont talk to me because account is in collections with United Recovery.

should i pay bal or hold out for removal of charge off?

In this case, the CA is correct: Amex doesn't do the removal of chargeoff thing.