Credit score improvement

txs89378

Hello,

New subscriber here, wanted to get your opinion on this:

My wife's credit score is 732 (on Equifax) and her Equifax report shows no collections or deliquencies.

I don't have her score on Transunion or Experian, but her CR is as follows:

Transunion:

ACS (student loan) - max deliquency 90 days in 05/2001; Account is closed and paid in full

Certified Recovery - $85 open collection from 7/2003

GAP - max deliquency 30 days in 08/2005; Account is closed and paid in full

Experian:

ACS (student loan) - max deliquency 90 days in 05/2001; Account is closed and paid in full

Certified Recovery - $85 open collection from 7/2003

GAP - max deliquency 30 days in 08/2005; Account is closed and paid in full

What I would like to know if it is worthwhile to write to ACS and GAP and ask them to delete these entries. The reason I ask is while browsing through this forum, some people said that entries such as this have no bearing on credit scores.

FYI, I do plan to do a DV on the Certified Recovery claim.

Thanks in advance

1) If it's a federal student loan, it must be reported.

2) 90-day derogs (any lates, really) have an effect for the full 7 years, so I don't know where they get that they have "no bearing." Obviously, someone who's been 90 days late in the past is higher risk than someone who has not.

Direred,

A followup question on the Certified Recovery claim. This claim is from TX, and we now live in GA. I do not receive any collection notices, presumably because they do not know our current address.

If we do a DV on this collection, is it possible that these CA will now start sending those letters to me again and put another note on my credit?

Please advise.