NCO gave up, sold the debt?

soccermom

After months of dealing with NCO and all their violations, they sent me a letter saying "Please be advised that the above referenced account is closed in our office." Now another collection agency has it. Does this mean that NCO has sold this debt? NCO was never able to validate this debt, and actually collected $1000 from me before I found this website. They never provided any kind of documentation on how this money was applied to the debt. How does this affect the SOL on this debt? Do I have a lawsuit against NCO (they have numerous violations and I even have two co-workers that would testify)? Is it even worth it to sue them?

They do have violations, I believe. They contacted me at work after I demanded in writing that they not do so. They also spoke with two coworkers about the debt, asking one for contact information about where to send garnishment paperwork. They also threatened me with garnishment and a lawsuit (obviously not intending to do so since they sold this debt). They also got me to send them money (before I found this website) and when I asked for paperwork on how this money was applied to the debt, how much interest they were charging (the amount of the debt kept going up) they failed to produce any of this. Are these violations? Would it even be worth a lawsuit?

I have proof that that they contacted my work and spoke with a coworker about the debt.

"NCO was never able to validate this debt, and actually collected $1000 from me before I found this website."
You PAID money to someone you didnt know if you owed it to?

Dear Soccermom:

We welcome you as our new client.

Account Number 456789 for $1000 is past due.

Don't delay. Mail your check today!

P.S. Thank you for spreading the word about us. We know that you will be proud of paying us!

Remember to tell your friends. It's that time of the year! :wink: