Need Help with what to next?

pc01bab

:confused:"Good Credit Is Sexy" Is this a good book? I need more letters to send to OC to make sure that they are reporting the right account closed dates. Well let me ask the question this way, this is a utility company and the last payment was sometime in 2002, and they are reporting it was "charged off as bad debt" on 8/2003, but i was DLQ in mid 2002. Also I'm fighting with GTE, I setup phone service with them in 12/2001 but the set up my service wrong and charge me for someone to come out and fix their mistake. My first bill was almost 300 dollars so i canceled my service with them and tried to get them to fix my bill. They wouldn't fix it because i was no longer a customer. It never showed up on my credited until 5/2006. And they had my SSN incorrect and they tricked me into giving to them!:evil: What should I do next?:confused: :confused: :waah: :waah: :waah:

Yes, "Good Credit is Sexy" is a great book if you are just embarking on credit repair. It's author is the founder of this site, Kristy (CIC member name: admin). You say you were delinquent on your utility bill in mid-2002, but were you 180 days past due? A creditor is only required to charge off a debt after 180 days of nonpayment. Out of curiosity, how did GTE trick you into divulging your SSN?

They tricked me into telling them because I called to ask for more info about this account and the had the the wrong SSN # and i corrected them (like a dumb a**:-( ). So now i what them off. They sent me to a CA but after i dispute there claim the CA handed it back to them. What should or can i do now?