ASSet Acceptance, LLC. JDB LOSERS!

elyse449

Hi folks,

Rec'd a collection letter today re; a JC Penney acct that is actually 10 yrs old. That's right, 10 yrs. My dh called them and told them that and she said, "Well, we can still collect!" He responded, "Excuse me, the statute of limitations on open ended accts in the state of Washington is 6 yrs....you'll be receiving my dispute letter in the mail..." She responds with, "You can't dispute it, you owe them a lot of money!" He said, "You'll get my letter, good bye."

GOSH, I loved that!!! Now to find out if they're reporting on his credit reports...the debt itself is actually 10 yrs old, even though they bought it can they still report???

The debt occurred when his then STBX (mentally ill mind you) went down and charged up the card by purchasing new engagement rings for herself (her and her b/f she left my dh to be with picked them out). When my dh went down to try to tell them this, they supposedly closed the acct--but I found out later that all they did was change the acct numbers. Anyway, this all happened summer of 1996 and went to collections shortly thereafter. He never made another payment to them after her charge.

Anyway, here's what the letter says; Read it, you'll get a chortle, I promise!

RE; GE MONEY BANK (whoever the heck that is) FIRST NOTICE

Orig acct # xxxxxxx

Asset Acceptance, LLC Acct# xxxxxxx

Balance Past Due: 796.87

Dear Elyse's dh,

It is our pleasure to welcome you as a new customer of Asset Acceptance, LLC. Your account with the above mentioned creditor has been purchased and is now owned by Asset Acceptance, LLC. In order to insure proper credit for any payments it is necessary that all future payments and inquiries be made to:

Asset Acceptance,LLC

PO BOX 2036

Warren, MI. 48090-2036

Unless you notify this office within 30 days after receiving this notice that you dispute the validity of this debt or any portion therof, this office will assume this debt is valid. If you notify this office within 30 days from receiving this notice, this office will: Obtain verification of the debt or obtain a copy of the judgment and mail you a copy of such judgment or verification. If you request this office in writing within 30 days after receiving this notice, this office will provide you with the name and address of the original creditor, if different from the current creditor.

This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

Sincerely,

Mickey Hart-Phone: Toll Free 866-381-7266

Debt Collector

Asset Acceptance, LLC.

the debt itself is actually 10 yrs old, even though they bought it can they still report???

Absolutely NOT ! It's beyond the 7-1/2 year reporting period, if they paste it to his reports that means they will have illegally re-aged it - and you can nail them for that.

It is our pleasure to welcome you as a new customer of Asset Acceptance, LLC

::spew:: Are they kidding with that ridiculous line ???

I would tell them to get stuffed, the debt is well past the SOL and completely unenforceable.

I say "Prove it." She cannot prove that CA said this. If it is not in writing

or recorded. It did not happen!

LOL, well actually-I was listening in and she did say that, but oh well. And did I somehow accidentally post this on a collection agency forum?? Hmmm...lol.

:rolleyes:

Elyse

Absolutely NOT ! It's beyond the 7-1/2 year reporting period, if they paste it to his reports that means they will have illegally re-aged it - and you can nail them for that.

::spew:: Are they kidding with that ridiculous line ???

I would tell them to get stuffed, the debt is well past the SOL and completely unenforceable.

I'll tell them just that!! Thanks Lady. Gosh, how enraging...we just don't need this right now, that's all...then again, who ever does? And wasn't that line, classic? "Welcome to Asset Acceptance..." lol....oxygen thieves.

Elyse

That's a good thing. You can corroborate his claim, via sworn testimony or affidavit, as to the content of the conversation. A truthful and credible witness can be as good as a tape recording.

Thanks, E. Normis. I might do just that...I'm getting so mad I'm startin' to itch for some court time!

I don't have a problem paying debts that are genuinely mine-honestly, but this crap is way out into left field. Had I to do it over again-I would've urged my dh to file a police report immediately (whenever he could legally do so) and pay it, than take her to court for the charges. The check fraud he definitely could've had her on. Anyway, that's just tacky, sorry. Then again, some judges don't care about tacky. Thanks again, norm.

Elyse

December 16, 2006

Asset Acceptance, LLC.

P.O. Box 2036

Warren, MI. 48090-2036

RE; XXXXXXX

To Whom It May Concern; Asset Acceptance, LLC, JC Penney, GE Money Bank,

I received your letter dated, December. 7th 2006. I contacted your firm directly

December. 15, 2006 to ascertain to whom the above mentioned bill is owed. I have no

knowledge of any company by the name of “GE Bank” or having ever done business with said

company. The response regarding the “true” original creditor was, JC Penney.

At this point I would like to inform you that this debt occurred 10 years ago as the result of

unauthorized usage by my ex wife, XXXXX XXXXXXX. At the time this occurred, she and

I were separated, pending our divorce. It was my understanding that Ms. THANG (only I used her last name, lol) used this

account to charge to it, her new engagement ring set that she and her then boyfriend chose. I

reported the fraud to JC Penney and was told they would, “close the account.” Come to find out,

they only altered the account numbers, moved balances and continued collection activity. They

also removed Cruella's name as joint user, when in all actuality she was at least equally liable

for these charges. At the time I was a full time soldier with the US Army and was often away on

field duty in various parts of the country, including Hawaii, Idaho and Alaska. I was on one of

those field excursions when this debt was incurred.

Be advised, this is not the only occurence of fraud that occurred at that time, I endured check

writing fraud as well as other credit card fraud due to Ms. Cruella Deville. This was not reported to

the police due to my fear of her harming our sons who were only 6 and 4 yrs of age at the time.

At any rate, should your firm choose to pursue this matter in a court of law, be advised I will use

the “Statute of Limitations” as my absolute defense. Be further advised, if your firm is reporting

a tradeline upon my credit reports, I will forward my complaint to all necessary entities

including but not limited to; Better Business Bureau, Attorney General Offices of Washington

State and the Federal Trade Commission and any other organization such a violation would

apply to as this debt is beyond the 7 yr reporting period.

Consider this letter, my formal dispute and request of validation of this above mentioned debt.

Kind regards,

Ok, I know...I know, it's too wordy....suggestions for editing???? I shouldn't bother telling them how the charges occurred, huh? Just that it's 10 yrs old and bite me? Before you beat me up for length, keep in mind it's hard for me to NOT take this personal because of everything she's done to us. But I do need to be more business like minded...so...yeah. Guess I'd just STILL love a chance to get even with the hag for what she put my dh through and his sons and than us as we tried to be a family. After she caused all this debt and got her divorce from my dh that she demanded she then dragged us to court to try to get custody! 3 yrs of pure heck...and several thousand dollars just trying to keep them out of her grimey hands.

Any help will be appreciated, if you have the time of course.

Thanks, Elyse

Instead of messing around with the wordy letter, I'd just file the ID theft claim with the police and take it from there.

Even after all this time?

And I'll change the wording to, "...this account defaulted 10 yrs ago..." does that sound better? You had an excellent point about that. I'm editing tonight, sending tomorrow.

Thanks.

Elyse

Edited version:

I refuse to pay.

Sincerely,

elyse449

If you ever hear from them again, sue them.

I enjoy sending one "Cease and Desist Notice" with "this is a refusal to pay."

And I never hear from the JDBs again. The JDB doesn't sell/transfer/assign the Account Number and Debt Amount like they do with other Junk Debts that are within statute. My Get Off My Back Mission is Accomplished!!! :)

Until Next Time Remember:

Scores go Up and Down. Knowledge Stays Forever.