cease collection

I think I have read this before on this forum. If I ask for a timely DV and a cease and desist on all collection attempts. Is it a violation to report the item to the credit bureaus after a cease collection has been placed? I am looking to sue this company on many violations after the first of the year.

If it's within the 30-day timely DV period, how can there be "many violations"?

Generally, reporting after receipt of a timely DV is a no-no until they provide validation.

DV and cease communications letter are antithetical approaches, though.

Note that only a judge can order a cease and desist. Worst a debtor can do is say they refuse to pay.

I have 3 collection letters from this company after I requested a timely DV. So far they have totally ignored me on the DVing. They also lied to the BBB saying they never received the DV. I have green cards that tell otherwise. They also told the BBB that they would cease all collection attempts but yet they reported it today to the credit bureaus.

I have 3 collection letters from this company after I requested a timely DV. So far they have totally ignored me on the DVing. They also lied to the BBB saying they never received the DV. I have green cards that tell otherwise. They also told the BBB that they would cease all collection attempts but yet they reported it today to the credit bureaus.

Well, I'd nail them then. A roofing nailer would be a start.

The collection agency did report the account in dispute. I asked for a validation within the 30 days on Oct 9th (no response), 2nd letter Oct 24 (no response), 3 letter Nov 12 (no response). Collection letters on Nov 6 and Nov 20th. Reported the account to the CRA's on Dec 17th. Since the account wasn't reported before I disputed then it is a violation Right?