Toys R' Us..

Does anyone know anything about the Toys R' Us "Visa" card?? What credit credentials must one have for that card? How about Disney?

Here's one thing I found...

http://www.pfblog.com/card/toys_r_us_visa_platinum_card_from_chase.shtml

You know, I don't mean to whine...but it'd sure be nice if they'd be more honest/open about what their credit granting criteria truly is. Than again, they probably worry NOBODY would apply, lol.

Elyse

Does anyone know anything about the Toys R' Us "Visa" card?? What credit credentials must one have for that card? How about Disney?

Here's one thing I found...

http://www.pfblog.com/card/toys_r_us_visa_platinum_card_from_chase.shtml

You know, I don't mean to whine...but it'd sure be nice if they'd be more honest/open about what their credit granting criteria truly is. Than again, they probably worry NOBODY would apply, lol.

Elyse

That would be hard, because their "criteria" is more than score. I mean, what could they say? "Well, if you have one paid collection, fine. But not unpaid collections. If you have a charge-off anywhere, it has to be X number of years old... except if it's ours, and then no. We are OK with Capital One, but if we see First Premier, we'll pass. Three inquiries are OK as long as two of them are over a year old, but two in the last 6 months we don't like. If you have a 720 score we'll still deny you if we don't like that you have low utilization because you don't appear to need more credit, but a 620 with low utilization we'll accept. And a 660 with history beats a 700 without any..." and so on. There's too many permutations for them to make some kind of list. There's a reason that some people are denied with a high score while people with lower scores are approved. Because there's a lot that goes into the approval process.