How do I get rid of these reinsertions by EQ ?

tmac01

I still have two reinsertions from Midland on my EQ CR only. CSC(EQ) has ignored my letter stating that these accts were deleted over a year ago and by FCRA laws could not be reinserted. I also pointed out that they did not notify me within the 5 days required by FCRA laws. They have done nothing !! What should be my next step ? Should I call them ? Send another letter ? What will make EQ follow the FCRA laws ? They just are not scared of anything !! any help is appreciated !!

I found this example of a letter you can use for re-insertion: :rollingpin:

LETTER TO CREDIT BUREAU FOLLOW UP TO DISPUTE OR REINSERTION

This is to be used ONLY after you have disputed unsuccessfully and/or had reinsertion without proper notification.

It is NOT suitable for trying to "clean" your reports of verifiable entries

John Q Public

100 Misery St.

Poortown.XX,98765

February 30,2003

Certified mail receipt number ____________

TUEQIPERIAN Credit Bureau

999 Everwrong Blvd.

Messup, XX,12345

Dear Sir or Madam;

My social security number is ____________

My date of birth is_____________

This is a request as authorized by the FCRA . § 611. Procedure in case of disputed accuracy [15 U.S.C. § 1681i]

In my letter of (date of dispute letter) I disputed the following account (Name of account & account #)

In your letter of ____ and your report # ____ of (date) you have (describe the action they took).

Please furnish me with the following ;

(1)A description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information.

(2) The business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available, or of any furnisher of information that contacted the consumer reporting agency, in connection with such information;

Sincerely,

John Q Public

IF AN ACCOUNT THAT WAS DELETED HAS BEEN REINSERTED -SUBSTITUTE (1) & (2) WITH THIS:

In accordance with the requirements of the FCRA as shown below, I am hereby requesting your complete compliance with any and all of the provisions.

Requirements relating to reinsertion of previously deleted material.

Certification of accuracy of information. If any information is deleted from a consumer's file pursuant to subparagraph (A), the information may not be reinserted in the file by the consumer reporting agency unless the person who furnishes the information certifies that the information is complete and accurate.

Please furnish me with copies of any and all such certification.

If any information that has been deleted from a consumer's file pursuant to subparagraph (A) is reinserted in the file, the consumer reporting agency shall notify the consumer of the reinsertion in writing not later than 5 business days after the reinsertion or, if authorized by the consumer for that purpose, by any other means available to the agency.

I received no such notification, this is a serious violation of the FCRA, and I reserve the right to pursue further action.

Additional information. As part of, or in addition to, the notice under clause (ii), a consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer in writing not later than 5 business days after the date of the reinsertion

(I) a statement that the disputed information has been reinserted;

(II) the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available, or of any furnisher of information that contacted the consumer reporting agency, in connection with the reinsertion of such information; and

(III) a notice that the consumer has the right to add a statement to the consumer's file disputing the accuracy or completeness of the disputed information.

Please furnish me with the required statements and data

© Procedures to prevent reappearance. A consumer reporting agency shall maintain reasonable procedures designed to prevent the reappearance in a consumer's file, and in consumer reports on the consumer, of information that is deleted pursuant to this paragraph and a notice that, if requested by the consumer, a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information shall be provided to the consumer by the agency, including the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted in connection with such information and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available;

Please furnish me with a full description of the procedures used to determine the accuracy of the information.

(7) Description of reinvestigation procedure. A consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer a description referred to in paragraph (6)(B)(iii) by not later than 15 days after receiving a request from the consumer for that description.

In accordance with the above requirements of the FCRA, please furnish me with all requested material within 15 days

(sign as above in first example)

:tempted:

EQ deleted today two reinserts that had been reinserted for the 3rd time by Midland so my EQ score is back in the mid 700's :) Hers the problem how long until Midlnd comes back around :-( I just have two Providian TL with EX and TU and I'm 100% clean and perfect credit...I hope I get there because I have been at this for two years and I am here because of you guys...Thank you :)

Thanks LNY,

now I have all three letters from EQ but they are just the letters that say " after investigation this acct was deleted...yahdi,yahdi,yahdi." Is that enough ? I just hate that they get deleted and just yesterday The mangager of CSC (EQ) told me that everytime they request the info on my acct to validate it with Midland that they never amswer them so thats why they deleted it. Now they are deleting these reinsertions but I'm tired of the vicious circle of Delete-Midland reinserts...EQ deletes and Midland reinserts.. How can I stop Midland from reinserting these accts ? Better yet any CA ? Thanks LNY :)

Your first stop would be the CRA. Search for reinsert or reinsertion. One question, though... are these items valid? Are they purely "non-response" lucky deletes, or are they really wrong? If they're valid, Midland can certify their accuracy and they can still go back on your report. But the CRA has to notify you. Do that search.

Yeah LNY EQ always deletes them when they are reinserted but I'm tired of that cycle I want them gone forever. These tl's are not valid and Midland has never validated them. They reason they were deleted two days ago was because EQ had reinserted them and did not notify me within the 5 days. I have found out a lot by calling CSC. I found out that they never know what is on your CR until you call them and tell them so how can they get a letter within 5 days to you notifying you of reinsertions if they do not know what is on your CR until you call them ? Man the Credit World !! :mrgreen: