Capital One limit not report?

I just got approved for a cap1 platinum no hassle rewards card for $3000.00 cl. from doing some searching on boards I found out they dont report your limit, I also read that the balance on the account at the time when they report will be your acutal credit limit. Is this true? My credit is bad, my highest is eq which is 594. Should I go and buy somthing that is 3k and return it in 30days? I'm a little confused on how it works, I want my scores to go up, how will this card help?

Please do some reading... we've covered this to death, even very recently, and you'd be much better off reading all those detailed threads. There's a lot of information on this subject already available in this forum.

I don't believe in the buying an expensive item and returning it approach, I think it's unethical. Plus there's now return databases, and I'd rather not get into them.
Wow, never knew about the databases, I do tend to return a lot of stuff but not used or nothing like that, just sometimes I dont have enough time to try things on.

Ahem...right subject was :roll: oh right, Cap1 not reporting, so yeah, since it's Xmas and all, I'm feeling generous, sooo...I just ran it up on things I was going to pay for anyways, and then paid on line as soon as the charges showed. I checked my report over the weekend and it shows my high balance as the CL even though I paid it down. Hope that helps. And LNY is right, "SEARCH" button is power! :mrgreen: