What's the best way to assure deletion of this TL?

forgop

See something strange in the dates opened/closed compared to when the late is being reported? How can I have a late being reported a full year before the account was opened? Yet, they claimed this was verified the last time I disputed my report.

FAIR FINANCE (Joint Account)

Credit Grantor Contact Information

Not on record

Account Number 32XXXX

Account Type Installment Account

Credit Limit

(High Credit)

$1,810

Minimum Monthly Payment (Terms) $151

12 Monthly

Date Opened January, 2003

Date of Last Activity March, 2004

Date Paid Out Not on Record

Date Closed March, 2004

Loan Type Installment Sales Contract

Collateral

Description Account closed by consumer

Last Report on March, 2004

Balance Current status Past Due Amount

$0 Paid or paying as agreed $0

Recent Payment History

2004 Feb

2004 Jan

2003 Dec

Nov

Oct

Sep

Aug

Jul

Jun

May

Apr

Mar

Feb

2003 Jan

2002 Dec

Nov

Oct

Sep

Aug

Jul

Jun

May

Apr

Mar

Feb

2002 Jan 30 days late

2001 Dec

Nov

Oct

Sep

Aug

Jul

Jun

May

Apr

Mar

Feb

2001 Jan

Seven Year Payment History

30 days late: 1

1/2002 60 days late: 0 90+ days late: 0

I wouldn't delete it. It looks positive to me. One 30 day late from almost 5 years ago is not hurting you as much as the paid TL is helping your credit.

If you decide to get rid of it, you can always ITS and then sue if that doesn't work. After all, they HAVE violated 1681s-2(B)

I wouldn't delete it. It looks positive to me. One 30 day late from almost 5 years ago is not hurting you as much as the paid TL is helping your credit.

If you decide to get rid of it, you can always ITS and then sue if that doesn't work. After all, they HAVE violated 1681s-2(B)

Huh? A 30 day late from 2002(actually Jan 2004 was when it was late) is more of a positive than no lates at all?

If you delete the TL, it will probably hurt you. This tradeline, other than the one late (that is being reported as 5 years ago) is a positive tradeline. A 5 year old late will hurt you less than the tradeline itself is helping you.

Remember, this is a tradeline that is paid. So what if there is one 30 day late on it from 5 years ago? It is still paid as agreed. You will not get the late removed without removing the entire TL.

As far as I see it, if you fight there will be one of 2 outcomes:

1 You update the late from 1/2002 to 1/2004, making the late more recent, and taking a hit

or

2 You get the entire TL deleted, thus losing an otherwise positive TL.

I would leave it be.

I agree with Dive. You think they'll just delete the late and leave you with a clean TL, right? Wrong. The odds of that happening are slim to none. It's more likely that the whole TL will vanish.

Learn from those of us who have stupidly disputed silly things on positive accounts (like balances) and lost the TLs entirely. Don't do it.

I agree with Dive. You think they'll just delete the late and leave you with a clean TL, right? Wrong. The odds of that happening are slim to none. It's more likely that the whole TL will vanish.

Learn from those of us who have stupidly disputed silly things on positive accounts (like balances) and lost the TLs entirely. Don't do it.

What about a goodwill letter for them to remove the negative itself?