Letter from asset is it worth it to dv????, not on report from OC or CA Options

redberry

Hi I am a newbie and I am confused, I have searched using the search button but did not get results i am sure this has happened to someone in the past, I recieved a letter from asset on 12/7 telling me they are happy that I am a new customer yada yada yada!

But the account in question is an old BOFA checking acct has to be past the SOL.

I recently did the 3 reports from myfico and signed up for truecredit and have a plan of attack for my other issues, but this one puzzles me on how to go about it.

BOFA is not reporting it on any of my 3 reports nor is asset.

Now my question is should I send a dv letter to asset who is not reporting or just send a debt settlement for half letter asking them to not report any activity on my reports since the amount is small $162.25?

or is it not reporting due to being past the SOL? I honestly dont know when I had this account but I know it was ages ago.

any advice would be helpful as I would like to take action prior to the new year

Thanks in advance

also posted at credit boards bought the book not getting to me fast enough

the advice I got from them thus far was dv it and even past the sol asset could place it on my reportsorry if to big at the other board they said it was to small

Always DV. It preserves your rights, and you only have 30 days to do so. After that, your rights are diminished somewhat.

The other board was correct- they can still place it on your report if SOL has passsed, as long as the delinquency began less than 7 1/2 years ago. DV will also get you the info you need to make a decision about this account.

If SOL has passed, and it is beyond 7 1/2 years old, there is nothing they can legally do to you, so you can safely ignore them AFTER you dv- the DV will give you the info you need to nail them if they violate the law.

Make sure, in your DV that you dispute and tell them why. If itisn't yours, say so. If it is past the SOL, say they cannot legally collect. Use the words "I do not owe Arrow and I dispute this account and demand verification per the FDCPA" Remind them that since you have disputed they are aware it may be inaccurate and you will sue if they do anything adverse to your credit rating, such as report the item to the CRAs ( as that would be continued collection).

Send the letter CM, RRR

Make sure, in your DV that you dispute and tell them why. If itisn't yours, say so. If it is past the SOL, say they cannot legally collect. Use the words "I do not owe Arrow and I dispute this account and demand verification per the FDCPA" Remind them that since you have disputed they are aware it may be inaccurate and you will sue if they do anything adverse to your credit rating, such as report the item to the CRAs ( as that would be continued collection).

Send the letter CM, RRR

Well I am unsure of what to put for the reason for my dv. I know it is mine, not sure if the sol is passed, can I send the dv to get the documentation that the debt is valid.

Still didn't get my book

And from the looks of things asset seems like a major headache, couldn't I just be a weenie and settle with a conformation they won't place on cr?

If any typos using blackberry.

Make sure, in your DV that you dispute and tell them why.

All you have to say is that you have never done business with Arrow, and that you want to know who they are collecting for, who they are collecting from and how much the debt is for.

You do not even have to be that specific. All the statute says is that you must dispute the debt. Writing "I dispute this debt" on the back of a cocktail napkin is sufficient.

All the statute says is that you must dispute the debt. Writing "I dispute this debt" on the back of a cocktail napkin is sufficient.

Small correction. There is no writing requirement for a dispute under the FDCPA; a verbal will suffice. I would recommend it being in writing as proving you made a verbal dispute might prove difficult without a recording.