Can a NO be turned into a YES?

Hi,

I recently applied for 2 credit cards and received notices that I was turned down on each. My credit scores are just recovering from a difficult time, and the two bureaus pulled TU and EQ have scores of 612 and 604 respectively.

Has anyone found a way to ask a CC company or bank to revisit their decision and received a favorable response?

Thanks for any input or advice!

• 2 weeks later...

I just received approval for a Citi Dividend MasterCard from Citibank!

I am absolutely am thrilled! This is an update to my previous post about the success I've had with what I've learned from this website, and in cleaning up my credit in the last 6 months. Well I thought I had another 6 months of rebuilding before a prime lender would issue me a card or loan, and I was originally declined for this card. But I wrote a post asking how to go about reconsideration, followed the info put forward by others here, and voila....approved!

This will basically put my credit back in healthy territory after a 4 year battle.

Thank you again Kristy, and to all who post here, this starts '07 off wonderfully for me, and the change in credit status will help me on a business expansion loan as well...

Happy New Year!

:woot: Congrats, hun!!!! I felt the same as you when I got an AMEX card. Who would've thought?!! Now you can continue to rebuild w/ an even bigger smile upon your face (& credit report).xangelx

Share the details (for future searches)!! What's the limit? Who did they pull? Who did you speak w/ about the reconsideration? By letter or phone?

Hi Angel!

You were one of the wonderful ones to jump in and answer my questions when I first came to this forum - thank you - your advice sure worked!

I called the number on the denial letter 888-201-4523, and dont recall who I spoke with, but they advised that I send in a letter with any recent credit report(s). The name on their denial letter was "R. M. Pick" so thats who I addressed my letter to. I never found out what R.M. stands for - but my guess is "reconsideration manager." Per their instructions I faxed my info to 301-714-5958. I called 3 days later, and was told I was approved. They pulled Equifax both on my original application, as well as for the reconsideration. I also faxed them my TransUnion, which still shows 2 positive tradelines that Equifax erased from my reports and wont add back on.

I received a $2,500 limit. According to the FICO score simulator I used at equifax.com, by consolidating my existing debt (its minimal) and getting a new credit card, my score should boost 60-70 points. Should be interesting to see if it works out that way.

Thanks again!

I just received approval for a Citi Dividend MasterCard from Citibank!

I am absolutely am thrilled! This is an update to my previous post about the success I've had with what I've learned from this website, and in cleaning up my credit in the last 6 months. Well I thought I had another 6 months of rebuilding before a prime lender would issue me a card or loan, and I was originally declined for this card. But I wrote a post asking how to go about reconsideration, followed the info put forward by others here, and voila....approved!

This will basically put my credit back in healthy territory after a 4 year battle.

Thank you again Kristy, and to all who post here, this starts '07 off wonderfully for me, and the change in credit status will help me on a business expansion loan as well...

Happy New Year!

WTF :shock: ...Are you serious....

:hmm: Maybe I should try that letter with Hooters!