Need help with reason for copy of Cap1 contract

chilton1

I have a capital one account on my report that just wont go away. I have disputed so many time I am now sick of disputing it.

I spoke to a lady at cap1 a few months ago and she told me it was a debt that they bought from chase (My chase account was way pass SOL from college so around 93/94.) I paid them before i found this site.

What is the best reason to give capital one so that I can get a copy of both contracts without alerting them to insert made up information? I never sign a new contract with them.

Problem I know I only had one account and I want to get a copy of both contracts from capital one.

If I am being audited, would i need a copy of the CC contract?

Cap 1 are the biggest A-Holes in this business of credit. I am scred because my card was 10 yrs old yet I was dumb and signed back in 2000 this deal they were offering to get your Cap 1 card back..Oh well that didn't work out. My card had a $300 limit and when they were done with me I owed them over a $1,000. Now they sold my acct to Capital Management collectors or something like that and WHAM Cap 1 was gone. Its been 5 months and so far this CA has not reported and I'm scared but I'd rather deal with a CA than Crap !..Let me know if I can help Chilton you have been a great help to me...and oh yeah !! 2 reinserts were just deleted today. If I can get rid of two Providian accts then I am 100% clean and its taken 2 yrs....:)

Cap 1 are the biggest A-Holes in this business of credit.

Really? They were the easiest to deal with.

The PITAs were:

Portfolio Recovery

Asset Acceptance

Data Line Credit Corp

Cavalry Portfolio

Metropolitan Adjustment Bureau

Midland Credit Management

Pacific Gas & Electric

Risk Management Associates

Oh, and Merrick.

Direred,

you must have been lucky !! You are a long time member of this board and you know how tough they are. If you have any strategies for Chilton let him know because I could never get rid of them and now that acct is with a CA and I'm scared to see what happens :confused:

Tmac01

I also have a providian from 2002. I am afraid to contact them. Their collection agency contact me but they would not do a pay for delete and i refuse to pay and watch it on my report for two years.

If the letter to capital one works and I can get enough information that they falsified information and stole my identy then I will be satisfied. I can get a delete that way, and hopefully get my money back.

Chilton I have taken that chance many times with OC's and CA's and I have only had problems with Cap 1 and Providian. Cap 1 told me know they can't help me and wouldn't send me anything and Providian has been a nightmare. Now I am in the same situation as you because I want to contact Midland on one of these Providian accts but I just had two Midland reinserts deleted. Now I am afraid if I contact them that they will reinsert the deletes I just got...I have never contacted a CA by phone as 99 % of this board states not too but contacting the OC should be no problem. Theres an article from about a year ago where a guy on this board contacted Cap 1 and they stated to him that they didn't have his info anymore. He got them to send him some sort of letter stating this. He then disputed the accts and Cap 1 verified them. He then sent the letter to the CRA's and BYe..Bye.. Cap 1.. Now other than that and what Direrred did they are tough. They sold my acct to a CA and this CA has not reported the acct YET !! but Cap 1 is no longer on my CR...Hope this Helps Chilton...

It states that I opened in 2/2002 and DOLA is 5/03. I paid June 06.

This is capital one. They bought the debt put it on a credit card that they opened in 2002. I did have an account with them but I dont know up from down about this account. They told me i agreed to them putting the old debt on the new card. I know for a fact that I did not agree to any such thing.

Dispute the account with Equifax as obsolete. When it's verified, dispute again as obsolete. When it's verified again, you can move on TransUnion and dispute it once or twice if you like. You'll have plenty of ammo in a FCRA suit with that many verifications. You live in Illinois, so maybe you can get Horwitz, Horwitz & Assoc to represent you.

Seems to me they've already violated the law by opening a "new" credit card in your name in order to re-age the account.

Seems to be litigation worthy already.

Hell, one could even argue identity theft, as you never authorized anyone to open a new account for you.