Nco Dv??

I sent a DV letter to NCO and got green card back Dec. 6th and it was within the 30 day mark. They have not responded, does anyone know if NCO does respond? This was my first DV letter I have ever sent so I really don't know what I am doing. I am just following the steps from the great forum.

Thanks,

Worried

I sent a DV letter to NCO and got green card back Dec. 6th and it was within the 30 day mark. They have not responded, does anyone know if NCO does respond? This was my first DV letter I have ever sent so I really don't know what I am doing. I am just following the steps from the great forum.

Thanks,

Worried

Are they on your reports?

NCO generally responds by closing the account and returning it to the creditor.

Cap1 will now send you a thick packet in the mail with about a year's worth of billing statements in reference to your dispute. CapOne's MO is to sit on your account for a few years to let it build interest. Then they start assigning it for collection. After that, they sue to recover the balance. The time between assigning and suing is generally less than 3 months.

Ok today I got a packet from Cap.1 just like you said. It had a Guaranteed Acceptance Certificate with my signature on it, customer agreement, arbitration agreement and the last 3 statements.

NOW WHAT???

I want to settle but it will not be for a couple of more months before I can.

What do I do next??

Thanks for any advice!!!

Worried

The time between assigning and suing is generally less than 3 months.

Guess I was lucky, they never sued. Cap1 still trying to collect for acct. scheduled to be deleted from 7/07.

That means you defaulted 6 years ago and it's well past Cali SOL. Cap1's MO also is to reage, so expect the fall off date to suddenly jump up to 2008.