tmac01

Hands down how do I get Providian removed from my CR ?

I have not had a late payment on anything in the last 10 yrs. I have 164 months of positve credit history but I do have two Providian accts that are not mine and I have been fighting for 3 yrs now. Now these accts show up only on my EX and TU CR's. But if I make good money and have shown that I make my payments on time for the last 164 months then shouldn't creditors go " wow we will give this guy a car loan because he makes his payments !!" This is so confusing...:roll:

Okay,

I have had providian reporting two accts that are not mine on my CR since 2006. The DOLA that shows would be 2001 but they keep updating it. Now I have reported them to every organization, the FTC, The BBB, and the Attorney General but they keep verifying these accts in like one day. They sent me some paperwork last year with the accts crossed out and they were accts I had never seen. If I get them removed I am done yet they have been the hardest to remove. I have been at them for several years to no avail. WHAT DO I DO !! I just want them gone and they are chargeoffs..they are not getting anything out of this !! please help give me some guidance as you guys always do..thanks a million....

You haven't filed a police report and followed the FACTA procedures for identity theft?

Precisely - follow the identity theft process and these will be gone in 10 days max. That's 5 days to get a copy of the police report and 5 days to get the info blocked.

Why not just file an ID theft report and send it to the CRAs? They are required by law to remove the accounts from your file immediately.

Or you could fight about it some other way for 3 years and get less than spectacular results...

IHCA's,

do you mean file a Identity theft report with the police department and send that report to the CRA's ? Have you done this before ? Another poster told me to do the same thing...thanks !!

If these accounts are not yours and you know they aren't yours then do just that. Upon receipt of the ID theft report they must delete from your file within 4 days.

The CRA's do not even ask any questions ? Don't they investigate or put a fraud alert on your CR ? This seems to easy !! Have I been wasting my time ?

Tmac, you can't keep starting thread after thread on the same subject. I'm getting tired of merging them...

LNY I apologize !! I'm not doing it on purpose....Sorry !! :)

Just try to remember not to start a new thread every time a new thought pops into your head. ;) People are better able to help you when all the relevant information for that particular problem is all in one thread. :)

Tmac, you can't keep starting thread after thread on the same subject. I'm getting tired of merging them...

Thank you. It was getting v. annoying.

Tmac, have you READ the FACTA provisions for ID theft? If not, why don't you do that before asking more questions about the process? It's in there.

Direred,

thank you for all your help. I didn't even realize I was posting the same subject. I do not get much time to post but because I am off I have had the opporotunity to post. If I am annoying you please feel free not to respond ;) Once again I apologize !! I have been on these boards for a while and I guess being a High School principal I have a lot of patience and don't get annoyed easy !! You have a Wonderful Christmas Direred....:)

tmac, thanks for the work you do for high school students.

Honestly, I'm easily annoyed, but I try not to let it show too much.

Now go do your homework and read up on the identity theft provisions (Section 605B of the FCRA).

Direred,

thank you for all your help. I didn't even realize I was posting the same subject. I do not get much time to post but because I am off I have had the opporotunity to post. If I am annoying you please feel free not to respond ;) Once again I apologize !! I have been on these boards for a while and I guess being a High School principal I have a lot of patience and don't get annoyed easy !! You have a Wonderful Christmas Direred....:)

I was wondering, why the sudden onslaught of posts from you? Now I know! ;)

Like I said, just remember to add your additional questions/thoughts about something you've already posted about to your original thread on that subject. :)++

In fairness, sometimes it's hard to know whether A and B are related if one doesn't have the background, you know?

In fairness, sometimes it's hard to know whether A and B are related if one doesn't have the background, you know?

Right now there are still several parallel threads going on about roughly the same few subjects. I've been merging them, but haven't done them all yet. Workin' on it. ;)

Thanks Ladies and Gents...Direred I would love to see you at my school with no patience...kids and parents cussing you out and having to deal with fights and drugs...You might Like it...:mrgreen: LNY I'll do my best to keep it all together if I slip just lock my threads...:wink:

Thanks Ladies and Gents...Direred I would love to see you at my school with no patience...kids and parents cussing you out and having to deal with fights and drugs...You might Like it...:mrgreen: LNY I'll do my best to keep it all together if I slip just lock my threads...:wink:

Nah, don't worry about it. I'll just put you over my knee. :Domina: