BoA won't upgrade me to 'platinum'

I currently have a BoA Amex rewards card that currently earns 1 point for every $ spent. I wanted to upgrade to their platinum card which earns 1.5 points, but the rep said they don't do that, and that I would have to apply for a new card.

Is there a way I can get them to agree?

Has anyone done something like this before? I don't need a lower rate, just want better rewards.

I currently have a BoA Amex rewards card that currently earns 1 point for every $ spent. I wanted to upgrade to their platinum card which earns 1.5 points, but the rep said they don't do that, and that I would have to apply for a new card.

Is there a way I can get them to agree?

Has anyone done something like this before? I don't need a lower rate, just want better rewards.

Unfortunately, you were given incorrect imformation.. You can upgrade to a platinum product, a disclosure will have to be read to you, the process takes about 3 weeks.. You will keep the same account history, ect.. There will be an annual fee of $195.00 per year to upgrade to a platinum.. It is $99.00 for the Gold.. Ask to be put in contact with the Product Change unit.. The Account manager that answers the phone should be able to submit the request for you.. There is not any need to submit an application...

\

Merry Xmas