Qualifying for Graduate Loans?

Liebling

Does anyone have first-hand experience applying for graduate student loans? Any idea what they look for, specifically, i.e. FICO scores, etc.?

Most of the sites addressing graduate school financing use either vague descriptors ("good credit") or harsh absolutes ("no negatives"). I'm having trouble believing that you can only pay for graduate school if you have an absolutely perfect credit report....

I'm looking for first-hand experience, not financial-aid-department-style vagaries. Anyone?

I know that creditboards have a student loan forum. You may check it there. I have been looking I know some places you may get a loan as low as 630 without a cosigner.

I called sallie Mae a few months ago they told me good credit and when i check credit boards there were people there that got a sallie mae loan with a 650. Sallie mae however told me that no more than one paid collection in the last two years. They won't approve any loans with any unpaid collections; And they check equifax.

I hope this helps.