Date of last activity showing as n/a ...

Blu

I finally got around to pulling my credit reports and it's not showing any dates of last activity. It does state the date of last payment, and in comments it says, charged off; account closed by credit grantor (no date given for that either). It is reporting the first major delinquency as: 10/2003. I live in California so it's still within the SOL for another year or so. Am I wrong? I was contacted by West Assent Management last night saying they have sent me a letter and that I owe them money, I have not received said letter. Should I ignore their calls until I get a (dunning) letter from them? This is all very confusing to me.

I also noticed on my reports that Midland Management has inquired no less than 6 times and on 3 of those inquiries the permissible purpose is: collections. I have never received any letter from Midland concerning a collection. Their last inquiry was 11/2006

Any advice is really appreciated!

What banks and bill collectors call a "charge-off" is the point at which the creditor writes off the account balance as a "bad debt." It usually happens after six months of non-payment. After that, they no longer count it on their books as an asset. You still owe the money, of course. And they will certainly make continued attempts to collect it from you. But the creditor has been forced by the rules of accounting to zero out the debt on their financial ledgers. For causing this loss, they will punish you by placing a derogatory mark on your credit report. A "charge-off" is a serious negative mark, to be sure, but it is not the financial ruination that debt collectors would like to have you believe it is. It is never good to talk to collection agencies as they are extremely demeaning and rude! If you do a search on the forum under the subect of "charge-offs" and also on "collection agencies", I think you will find your answers. ::linedancers::

I also noticed on my reports that Midland Management has inquired no less than 6 times and on 3 of those inquiries the permissible purpose is: collections. I have never received any letter from Midland concerning a collection. Their last inquiry was 11/2006. Any advice is really appreciated!

The CAs are allowed to pull Soft Inquiries not Hard Inquiries.

I would dispute Midland Management 6 Hard Inquiries with the CRAs and with Midland directly. You may have a cause of action with the CRA for allowing 6 illegal Inquiries and Midland for such illegal acts.

OCs may obtain Credit Reports for Permissible Purposes: including any,

1) Update 2) Extension of Credit 3) Review 4) Collection of your Account (if you owe the OC money).

CAs are not OCs. You had not Initiated a credit application with Midland Management and the CRAs should have reasonably known this. You do not legally owe Midland any money. CAs are not allowed Hard Inquiries under federal law.

Best Regards,

June

Thank you for the replies! :) I'm really not sure what a hard or soft inquiry is though? I got a dunning letter from West Asset Management today and I shall be sending them a DV w/crrr next week. Are they considered a JDB? Thanks for the help. :)

The CAs are allowed to pull Soft Inquiries not Hard Inquiries.

I would dispute Midland Management 6 Hard Inquiries with the CRAs and with Midland directly. You may have a cause of action with the CRA for allowing 6 illegal Inquiries and Midland for such illegal acts.

What can you do if a CA did an hard inquiries on my credit file? I contacted EXP but they said that they could remove it even though i didn't authorized that inquiry.:confused:

Thank you for the replies! :) I'm really not sure what a hard or soft inquiry is though? I got a dunning letter from West Asset Management today and I shall be sending them a DV w/crrr next week. Are they considered a JDB? Thanks for the help. :)

I do not know the legal definition for Hard and Soft Inquiry: From my Credit Reports it is this:

Hard Inquiry: The CRAs call them "Inquiries." Hard Inquiry is where the CA had actually received a copy of your Credit Report. (Sounds like much more than just asking a few simple questions). Anyway, this type of "Inquiry" remains on your credit file for two (2) years, and it affects your Credit Score.

Note: In my opinion, where I sign a Credit Application with the OC, I Authorize the OC (not the CA or JDB) to obtain Credit Reports on me from CRAs for Permissible Purposes: including any Update, Extension of Credit, Review, Collection of my Account. I had never signed a Credit Application and/or Contract with any CA. Therefore, any and all Credit Reports (or "Inquiries") obtained by a CA or JDB is illegal. I deal with it accordingly.

Soft Inquiry: (or Account Review Inquiry) is where the CA had actually received a copy of your Credit Report for some Credit or Collection Account Review. This type of "Inquiry" does not affect your credit score and only displayed to you and not to others. This type of "Inquiry" does not affect your Credit Score.

Note: I never legally owe a CA any money. Therefore, any and all Credit Reports obtained by the CA under such False Pretenses is actionable. I deal with it accordingly.

IMO, this may be just one of the many reasons for the Identity Theft problem in this country. The CRAs (for $3 or $5 fee) allow employees (criminals) of the CAs and JDBs, to illegally obtain copies of our Credit Reports. The CAs and JDBs are known to hire ex-cons or criminals as employees. Who can honestly say that these criminals do not steal our information? The Banks do not hire such.

It appears that WEST ASSET MANAGEMENT may be a JDB. Perhaps, the experts here know for sure.

Best Regards,

June