How long do major OC's keep their records after selling acc'ts?

Optimus_SubPrime

I have a DV in with a major JDB for two accounts, both purchased from OC's.

We received mail today from the JDB stating that the JDB has requested validation on both accounts from the respective OC's (Citibank & Discover).

The DOLA reported on these accounts is about 5 1/2 years ago. I don't know how recently they were sold to the JDB. The SoL is 6 years in my state.

I've read that "most credit card companies only keep records for 13-18 months", but I've also seen posts about credit card companies being known for keeping long records.

Just wondering if anyone has any info about how long Citibank/Discover/CC companies in general hold on to records after they sell them to JDBs, and how cooperative they are with validation requests from them.

Just wondering if anyone has any info about how long Citibank/Discover/CC companies in general hold on to records after they sell them to JDBs, and how cooperative they are with validation requests from them.

Very good chances that the OC has NO records.

See, by Admin:

http://creditinfocenter.com/repair/DisputingWithOriginalCreditor.shtml

which fully explains about OCs business records.

No Records (by OC) = Deletions (by CRAs) = No Lawsuit (by CAs) :)++

If Disputed properly, the CRAs must Delete. A few CAs may gamble and file a lawsuit, but most go away, once you file an Answer. Because they know that the OC has No records, which is required for Court. The CAs want e-a-s-y money Judgments for failure to Answer. They do not want to go to trial.

Happy 'olidays xcanex xcanex xcanex

June & Family

Every single OC I've approached, if I got to the right person, they had the records. I disagree that the chances are "very good" that they have "NO records."

Good for you that the OCs had ALL your records. "Evidently each and every CRA, OC and/or CA that I had contacted, had NADA records because they never ever Validate or Verify with supporting documentation as required by law.

Everyone here is entitled to disagree and entitled to their own opinion. That's why the Board is here. Huh? At this time, I am changing my position. I now maintain that the chances are EXCELLENTE (not very good) that the OCs have "NO RECORDS". As in Nada. Zilch. Nothing!!! xdancex xdancex xdancex

June, how many times have you written up requests for production in discovery?

Direred, Who are you and why do you want to know? I find that it is none of your business. :)++ Any more questions?

Best Regards,

June

Just goes to credibility, is all.

What exactly does credibility have to do with:

June, how many times have you written up requests for production in discovery?

Nada. Zilch. Nothing. Just like the CRAs OCs business records.:)

No Records (by OC) = Deletions (by CRAs) = No Lawsuit (by CAs),

June