Can the OC refer me to CA when they are reporting CO

chilton1

Can the OC refer me to a CA for info about my account if they (the OC) are reporting the account?

I called the OC; they are reporting an account CO. they are the only ones reporting.

I know for a fact that the last the last CA that had it lost all the information about the account because I called in the summer to pay. The CA I called sold the account and the people they sold it to lost all the info. They had no record of the account.

Wolpoff and Abramson later claimed they were collecting on the account for someone i cant remember, but I debt validated them and i have not heard from them since.

Now I wanted to get the OC off my report, but they gave the the name VAN RU and a phone number to contact them about the account.

What should i do I dont want this to show up on my Report and BTW when I asked CO for info this summer the guy told me they no longer had the information.

what do i do now? I have disputed several times and the OC verifies

Actually, what you've described it quite common. Many OCs sell their CO accounts and turn over all info related to those accounts. They often refer consumers to the JDB if they want information. Is the TL reporting closed w/ a $0 balance? What exactly are you trying to dispute? What is inaccurate about the TL?

I am trying to get it off my report. I have disputed it and they verified. At first I disputed it as not mine because I did not have an account with the OC later learned they bought the account/inherited the account when they bought out the other company.

Well I dont know what is incorrect?

Do you know anything about Van Ru? Should i call VAN Ru?

Infact I tried to pay them earlier this summer and they said they could not accept the money. I have to work with the CA.

Right b/c the account has been sold. The account has technically been paid. You now 'owe' the JDB. However, paying the JDB will not remove the OC's TL. You will need to address the JDB separately, especially if they begin reporting. Per the revised FCRA, you can now dispute directly w/ the OC. But in order for them to investigate, you would need to give them specific information to dispute. They aren't just going to honor your request to delete just b/c you tell them to. Read the Dispute w/ Original Creditor link @ the top of this page. It'll guide you accordingly. If you choose to dispute w/ them per your rights under the FCRA, then they must adhere to the same guidelines as CRAs when handling disputes.

Do you know anything about Van Ru? Should i call VAN Ru?

Don't ever call a CA or JDB. Trust...it will NOT work in your favor. Correspond ONLY in writing w/ delivery confirmation. (DC is cheaper than CMRRR; but it's your choice.) Document everything.

Read this: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff163777.htm

You can also Google their name to see what other info you can find on them.

thanks earthangel I am going to read up on disputing with the OC. There is no point even Dv the CA since the ones who have it has not posted hte account to my report. I DV them and they had nothing i supposed since i got nothing back.

I will work on the OC and let you know how it turns out.

Have a Merry christmas in the new home!!!

DV is not just for CAs/JDBs when they report. Do it as SOON as you even get a letter from them...or when they report (whichever occurs first). That way, you can preserve your rights under the FDCPA.

Have a Merry christmas in the new home!!!

Unfortunately, X-mas won't be @ EA's new house this year.:( The folks are making me travel.:evil: Dah well...life goes on. Merry X-mas to you too!

8]

Earth angel,

I will DV if I hear from another CA. W&A was the one that sent me a letter in October. I DV and they disappeared.

Should I dispute it again with the CRA? Only equifax has a notice that I have disputed it in the past. Should I do it again with all three before I request info from the OC?

Thanks Earthangel! sorry you cant be at home for the holidays

Should I dispute it again with the CRA? Only equifax has a notice that I have disputed it in the past. Should I do it again with all three before I request info from the OC?

If you disputed recently, then I would go ahead and dispute directly w/ the OC. Make sure you give them sufficient info to investigate your dispute.