How Do I Identify this CA?

Liebling

I've gotten calls like this before, where a "message center" asks me to call back a toll free number. These numbers dial a CA, whose operator does NOT identify the business name until you've given your own name and the reason for the call.

Problem is, this time the calls started shortly after I sent out DV letters to four CAs.

I asked them not to contact me by phone, only in writing. I'm assuming they're in violation by calling after receiving the DV letter, but how do I find out which CA is in violation?

Obviously I can't call them. Anyone got ideas?

Technically, even if you tell them not to contact you be phone, they are actually permitted under the law to call you one more time to tell you what they intend to do.

In fact, the "don't call me" really means "cease & desist" which really means "this ain't my debt, so leave me alone unless you intend to sue".

So...they haven't really violated anything. You'll probably have to talk to them...but, I wouldn't call them.