Are Debt collectors better than Original Creditor?

I just wanted to get people perspective about negotiating with the Original Creditor vs a Debt collector. Im kind of leaning towards the Debt collector for several reasons. The first is commision if i was a debt collector why wouldnt I delete the tradeline on the CRA for money. If it means a commision check its a great incentive for a collector to delete negative information. Futhermore , a collector may even talk to the Orginal Creditor to get a a "Pay As Agreed" for your account. In addition a collector is prone to make a mistake violating FDCPA. Thus helping you to settle!!

Well I just believe your money will go alot farther with the money grubbing debt collectors than a Original creditor. You can defintely settle for less and negotiate better terms . Now im talking about if you let your account go to a charge off. Obviously you cant trust any debt collectors word!! Everything has to be done in writing and NEVER let them find You. Aka meaning dont recieve mail at your home and have a private phone #. They cant sue or harrass a invisible man or woman (http://www.howtobeinvisible.com/index.cfm/page/Address ) !!! Once your ready to deal negotiate in the dark via fax or pay phone.

Here's some of the problems I see in your plan...

1. If the OC still owns the debt, the CA cannot speak for them. They will claim they do (to get your money) but legally they can't obligate the OC to anything.

2. You pay the CA, you have no gurantee any of the money will be applied to your account with the OC. See 1.

3. If the OC has sold the debt, then you're dealing with a JDB. Anything you pay to the JDB (or to a CA representing them) has no effect on any TL the OC may have placed on your CRs.

4. Even if you don't take calls or except mail, the OC, JDB, or CA may still sue you as long as they have your SS# (or even your old address). And, even if you don't get the summons, in most states, you'll wind up with a default judgement. Once they've got the judgement, then all they need to find is your bank account.

Some other problems. If you are hiding from service, the SOL is tolled. If you offer to pay, in some states that can reset the SOL, especially if the promise is in writing.

Even paying a CA will not guarantee a deletion. I have a friend with an out of SOL $21 collection that cannot be deleted, even PFD. The CA would rather not have the money than delete. I advised him not to pay, as it falls off in less than a year anyway.

Everything has to be done in writing and NEVER let them find You. Aka meaning dont recieve mail at your home and have a private phone #. They cant sue or harrass a invisible man or woman (http://www.howtobeinvisible.com/index.cfm/page/Address ) !!! Once your ready to deal negotiate in the dark via fax or pay phone.

Playmaker, thanks for the LInk. I agree with you. I think I will be "moving" to Alaska or will it be Canary Islands, Spain? I had planned on closing one of my USPS Mailboxes within 6 months WITHOUT listing a Forwarding Address. It is going to be so-o-o Cool, where my Forwarding (street) Address will be listed as Alaska or Spain. :D

Happy 'olidays xcanex xcanex xcanex

June

I find that there are quite a few so-called "Moral and Ethical" police in this Forum who never seem to mind their own beeswax and routinely twist things around. My Post strictly concerns me only, and suggested nothing for or to others.

This Forum is ALL about learning how to use legitimate Information to your full advantage and taking back your financial life, whether or not any alleged debt(s) is due and owing.

I find that there are quite a few so-called "Moral and Ethical" police in this Forum who never seem to mind their own beeswax and routinely twist things around.

Excuse me?

You keep chattering like you know stuff, when it seems that you're parroting things that you've heard other places, some of which is true, but much of which is not.

By all means, pick the Canary Islands, that way US laws won't be applicable and you won't find a need to be spreading more misinformation here (e.g. OCs almost never have records after a CA becomes involved).

To the OP:

The problem is, if your OC is still reporting, any agreement you make with a CA will not affect the OC's reporting of the tradeline.

My preferred tactic is to be annoying enough that the CA sends the account back to the OC, then deal with the OC. So far, it's worked about half the time. This tactic obviously does not work if the account has been sold.

It's that time again. One of the busy-bodied M&E Police and one of the Twisters.

I had never said that I would "pick" Canary Islands as a Forwarding Address for one of my closed PO boxes (if and when I do, I believe that is my personal business). And I never said that the "OCs almost never have records after a CA becomes involved."

It is totally irrelevant to me whether or not a CA is "involved." Who cares! I had simply stated that "the chances are EXCELLENTE that the OCs have No records and provided the Link elsewhere in this Forum.

Since you seem to know-it-all, when you're quoting someone, it is proper to quote them exactly, without adding twisters.

In compliance with Forum Rules, I must ignore or disregard other parts of your ridiculous post.

Best Regards,

June

Since you seem to know-it-all, when you're quoting someone, it is proper to quote them exactly, without adding twisters.

You mean like that? Look here, anything you post we post here is subject to scrutiny, comment, and challenge. Some ideas hold up better than others. It would be nice if you could try to argue on the merits of what you are posting rather than becoming defensive and personal. You'll gain more credibility that way. Right now, you're losing it fast.

You mean like that? Look here, anything you post we post here is subject to scrutiny, comment, and challenge. Some ideas hold up better than others. It would be nice if you could try to argue on the merits of what you are posting rather than becoming defensive and personal. You'll gain more credibility that way. Right now, you're losing it fast.

Another Twister folks.

To those of you just tuning in, in this Thread, all of this nonsensical Outrage has to do with my Thanking OP, PLAYMAKER for a Link provided, See, Post #6, which I may personally use to my advantage in the future. Nothing more and nothing less!

To NASCAR: know and understand that Misquotes in any Forum (by anyone, the Know-it-alls and Experts alike) often lead to a hostile posting environment. I maintain that it is proper to quote someone verbatim, WITHOUT routinely twisting and/or adding words. If there is some personal problem about ANY of my Messages, you should report your findings to the Administrator pronto! I'm sure she will review ALL of my Messages, and then act accordingly.

Until Next Time Remember:

I shall post, and you and some others may disagree ;)!!!

June