Tips on dealing with ASSet Acceptance, for deletion

foots

Hello all, I thought I'd share my experiance with Asset Acceptance in order to maybe help someone else out when trying to get AA off there reports.

1. When AA send you a letter stating that you owe them money, check it for any errors e.g. dates, acct #'s,

etc.

2. Send Certified MRRR letter to AA requesting Validation of the account, within 30 days of above letter. (you

can also request validation after 30 days has passed just to get the procedure started)

3. When you recieve a validation reply, if it's a print-out from AA office on there own letterhead, save it.

4. Send another Certified MRRR again requesting Validation again, stating that the last reply was not proper

vailidation give AA the date of there last reply.

5. Save the reply they send you again.

6. Do this again for a 3rd time listing the dates in each letter to AA, Save the replies from AA.

7. Now you have a paper trail on AA's violations and non validations attempts. Send a letter to the MI. Attorney General, MI. BBB, FTC and your states Attorney General. And wait for their response. You will normally get a letter from the Attorney General that AA sent to them in response to your letter stating that,

AA purchase this account as a valid account and you was the responsible party, and that AA relies on the info that is provided to them by the selling creditor. AA will most likely state that they will request documentation to support their claim on you. And that they will forward this info to you when they get it.

They (AA) will also state that if the consumer (you) believe that the account is not your responsibility that you provied their office with a police report or an affidavit signed under penalty of perjury, stating that you did not authorize this account or service.

If you have this info you can submit it, if you don't then totally disregard this request.

8. Wait 32-90 days for AA to send the supporting documents they say they have requested.

9. If you do not recieve anything from AA within this time. Send another letter to the MI AG, stating that you

have waited for over 32 plus days (however many you wait) and that you have not recieved anything

from AA. Ask the AG to have AA close this account and clear it from your reports and not to sell it to any

other company or there sub-companies.

10. It will drop off like that! Case Close!!!

A few notes I'd like to share, Keep copies of EVERYTHING!, Don't talk to Asset Acceptance on the phone EVER!, Send copies of all correspondence from you and from AA to the AG office, the AG needs to have proof of AA violations and this will give a clear paper trail of all violations on AA. And the AG WILL make AA delete the account.

This proceedure takes some time to complete, but it WORKS!!!! Good Luck

Hello all, I thought I'd share my experiance with Asset Acceptance in order to maybe help someone else out when trying to get AA off there reports.

1. When AA send you a letter stating that you owe them money, check it for any errors e.g. dates, acct #'s,

etc.

2. Send Certified MRRR letter to AA requesting Validation of the account, within 30 days of above letter. (you

can also request validation after 30 days has passed just to get the procedure started)

3. When you recieve a validation reply, if it's a print-out from AA office on there own letterhead, save it.

4. Send another Certified MRRR again requesting Validation again, stating that the last reply was not proper

vailidation give AA the date of there last reply.

5. Save the reply they send you again.

6. Do this again for a 3rd time listing the dates in each letter to AA, Save the replies from AA.

7. Now you have a paper trail on AA's violations and non validations attempts. Send a letter to the MI. Attorney General, MI. BBB, FTC and your states Attorney General. And wait for their response. You will normally get a letter from the Attorney General that AA sent to them in response to your letter stating that,

AA purchase this account as a valid account and you was the responsible party, and that AA relies on the info that is provided to them by the selling creditor. AA will most likely state that they will request documentation to support their claim on you. And that they will forward this info to you when they get it.

They (AA) will also state that if the consumer (you) believe that the account is not your responsibility that you provied their office with a police report or an affidavit signed under penalty of perjury, stating that you did not authorize this account or service.

If you have this info you can submit it, if you don't then totally disregard this request.

8. Wait 32-90 days for AA to send the supporting documents they say they have requested.

9. If you do not recieve anything from AA within this time. Send another letter to the MI AG, stating that you

have waited for over 32 plus days (however many you wait) and that you have not recieved anything

from AA. Ask the AG to have AA close this account and clear it from your reports and not to sell it to any

other company or there sub-companies.

10. It will drop off like that! Case Close!!!

A few notes I'd like to share, Keep copies of EVERYTHING!, Don't talk to Asset Acceptance on the phone EVER!, Send copies of all correspondence from you and from AA to the AG office, the AG needs to have proof of AA violations and this will give a clear paper trail of all violations on AA. And the AG WILL make AA delete the account.

This proceedure takes some time to complete, but it WORKS!!!! Good Luck

Nice... Im on step 8!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...